Thread: Building a solid curtain?

Building a solid curtain?

My shop is 36' x 54', 12' at the eves, 15' at the peak uninsulated. It is partial woodworking shop, partial general storage. I can't afford to heat that large of space. In the winter I want to primarily use my lathe. My plan is to put a loft in at 8' H, 16' x 16'. I want to build 4' x 8' panels of 1/4" osb sandwiched over 1.5" styrofoam insulation. I want them to fold back to the end and side wall accordian style so I have open space in summer. What can I use for track system to accomplish this?
    If it ain't broke...fix it anyways...that's why you told your wife you needed all those tools.

My gramps' fav.....If you don't stop, you won't be stuck.

Oh......and most importantly........I am 362 miles mostly south and a little east of Steve Schlumpf.
    Support the Creek
    for only .0164 cents / day

2. gate hinges and skateboard trucks.

Check sliding barn door hardware. If the suspension points were mounted center-panel and have some capability to pivot...
    Unistrut might serve for center track. Might have to cooty-bob some sort of truck.
    I like the gate hinge idea mentioned above. Might have to replace the foam with equal thickness of stacked plywood in the areas underlying hinges/hardware.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Vallaster; 04-13-2009 at 8:39 PM. Reason: spelling