Thread: Gorilla Glue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Gorilla Glue

I'm working on gluing up panels for a few table tops. Have wondered about using Gorilla glue for the job. I've searched the site and have found lots and lots about the glue. However, I've not found any definite answers about whether the foam outside the joint will keep the wood from accepting a stain.

I generally use Titebond and for small tables I'm sure that's ok - but am wondering if Gorilla Glue would add anything to the longevity of my pieces. (This is especially important as about everyone in my family at one time or another finds it necessary to sit on the tables as opposed to a chair like civilized people. )

I've also seen several posts where people say they use Gorilla glue to set their brass tubes for pens. I'd like to know how much Gorilla glue you would use. Do you put on a single line of glue then twist the tube as you put it in the blank or do you put glue all around the tube?

And here's a just because - while searching out my Gorilla glue answers, I've seen several posts about gluing up pen blanks and getting the glue on your hands. I use a sharpened pencil and place the tube of the sharp end - apply the glue and push it into the blank - I never get glue on my hands. When the pencil gets to much glue build up I just nip off the end square and resharpen.

Thanks for all the anticipated help!
    Last edited by Betsy Yocum; 08-01-2004 at 1:21 AM. Reason: wanted to add the question icon