Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy Drawer Slides?...

Where to buy Drawer Slides?...

I'm looking for some full extension drawer slides with a 100 lb limit. I checked with Rockler & Woodcraft and their prices seem high. Anyone know a good place (retail or online) to buy these at a great price?

Woodpecker is running a special until Thursday:

http://www.woodpeck.com/drawerslidesbulk.html

Part # Length Pairs / Case Market Price Sale Price eClub Price SAVE Coupon Code
    D76118-C 18” 10 $149.60 $76.30 $69.30$7DS7
    D76120-C 20” 10 $156.90 $81.42 $73.42$8DS8
    D76122-C 22” 10 $163.30 $91.01$82.01$9DS9
    D76124-C 24” 10 $176.90 $97.52 $87.52$10DS10
    13-8PPHSMS-250 #8 x ½ type “A” screws (250) $10.95 $8.95 $2AS2

I think that those are decent prices. And the coupon codes are the furthest right column, they will get you an additional rebate.

The last slides I bought were the "Economy Full Extension" slides from Woodworker's Hardware. I found them to be quite satisfactory at very competitive prices.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

Ben, those prices seem OK, but not worth stocking up on, unless you have a project coming up whereas you know the exact sizes....

you agree?

I buy mine from www.dlawlesshardware.com Any order over $50 gets free shipping! Those sildes are HEAVY.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

I received woodpeckers email last night about the slides and was unimpressed. You can do better elsewhere.

I installed 20 drawers using Gliderite 100lb full extension slides into a workbench a couple of weeks ago. So far, they work perfect. I like them the more I use them. I do not think you can find a ball bearing slide less expensive anywhere. They are certainly worth trying.

http://www.gliderite.com/

I recently used 10 pairs of full extension slides from GlideRite. I am very pleased with them and would not hesitate to use again.

See Eric's post above for a link.

(No affiliation with GlideRite, just a satisfied customer.)

Wow, so much information....

...I made the original post and came back an hour later to a wealth of information. This is truly a great forum.

It looks like the gliderite is the best deal if I'm willing to order a case of all one size. If I want to order a few of each size, the woodworkers hardware economy slides seems to be the best deal.

I'll have to go home and measure all my cabinets to see if I can use one particular size in bulk. I'm hoping I can use the 18 inch gliderite in bulk and then supplement for my smaller cart with a few of the 12 or 14 inch from woorworkers hardware.

Thanks Everyone!

Another option

A&H Turf & Specialties Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    Ben, those prices seem OK, but not worth stocking up on, unless you have a project coming up whereas you know the exact sizes....

you agree?
    I have never bought drawer slides before, I just thought that "sounded cheap." But I will be starting on my shop cabinets in the next couple of weeks and will probably need close to 30 slides. I better take some other the other suggestions and save some more money!

Try cabinetparts.com - they have a good selection and give a 20% discount for online orders.

Has anyone found any more deals on drawer slides?

I was litterally about to purchase them from Glide Rite but they wanted $60 for shipping which I thought was ridiculous.

WoodWorker's Hardware is only going to charge $13 for shipping , a little bit more per slide but still cheaper over all.

I am looking for 20" Accuride 3832 type slides, the cheaper the better...

I have not looked but you may look at Lee Valley. Their customer service has always been superb and the shipping was always reasonable. I like K&V slides myself but tried "Lee Valleys" glides. Worked great. Good luck.

Woodworker's Supply (www.woodworker.com) is having a sale right now. 15% off and $1.00 shipping charges. I just bought 40 pairs of various sizes.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC