Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More router bit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Johnsey View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. That was what the photo posted looked like. I bought them using a credit card off Amazon so I'm pretty safe. I got a notice that they had shipped so I ought to have them next week.

The more I read about Whiteside bits the better I like 'em.
    I ordered a set of those Whiteside roundovers a month or so ago and they were legit right down to the box, coating, foam, instructions, bearing, wrench and label. They cut real nice too.

Blog Entries
    I bought a cheap bit and had the shaft snap while cutting. Fortunately it didn't hit me but could have been serious. Go with the good brands.

Quote Originally Posted by chris dub View Post
    I ordered a set of those Whiteside roundovers a month or so ago and they were legit right down to the box, coating, foam, instructions, bearing, wrench and label. They cut real nice too.
    That's a great deal, glad they worked out.

I got the Whiteside roundover/beading bit kit today. Exactly as represented, the 501 set 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 with extra bearing and allen wrench in plastic box. Bits have the plastic coating on 'em and everything. About $65 with shipping. The outfit is called Camargo Enterprises on Amazon.

A quick comparison of a 3/8" roundover bit from the cheap Chinese set 8 1/2" bits for $12.50 and the Whiteside set 4 bits for $65. Carbide on the Chinese bit about 0.055" thick. On the Whiteside about 0.110, twice a thick. The Whiteside bit cut noticebly better on 3/4" MDF. Bearing on both bits look and feel identical.
    Last edited by Stan Johnsey; 04-27-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    I got the Whiteside roundover/beading bit kit today. Exactly as represented, the 501 set 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 with extra bearing and allen wrench in plastic box.
    That is a great price on a great set. At that price I am tempted to pick up a set of spares.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    That is a great price on a great set. At that price I am tempted to pick up a set of spares.

That same seller had the 7 piece stsrt set for $60 as well. Not sure if they still do. I had jsut bought a bunch of new bits when I saw it and couldn't justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris dub View Post
    That same seller had the 7 piece stsrt set for $60 as well. Not sure if they still do. I had jsut bought a bunch of new bits when I saw it and couldn't justify it.
    They don't have that one anymore. Looking at their store it's only the 501 set. I am curious though where they get them from because if they pay regular dealer cost they lost money on that deal.

I got the Whiteside roundover/beading bit kit today. Exactly as represented, the 501 set 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 with extra bearing and allen wrench in plastic box. Bits have the plastic coating on 'em and everything. About $65 with shipping. The outfit is called Camargo Enterprises on Amazon.
    Glad this worked out for you. Can you provide a link to that seller on Amazon, please? I've looked but can't seem to find it. Thanks.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Edwards View Post
    Glad this worked out for you. Can you provide a link to that seller on Amazon, please? I've looked but can't seem to find it. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...M/ref=dp_olp_1

Look down at the bottom, $60 + $4.95 shpping, Carmargo Enterprises