Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed chariot type plane

I guess I should have not ask George if he was ever saling some of the stuff he makes on this forum....
    My appologie!
    David

George - I of course do not have any role in the administration of the forum, but I'll note as a casual user that there are lots of posts of "look what I made" or "here's a tote for saws I want to make - comments?", and to my eye, there's nothing wrong with that.

Your original post started out "Here is a sketch of what I might make several of", and you solicited comments. That's about as clearly along the lines of "here's a design for a XXX tool I want to make - comments?" as it gets.

What subsequently happens to the tool/design (i.e., it gets incorporated into something for sale) is irrelevant, IMO.

Don't be concerned about it David,I'm not. I really am not in need of work,and have some commitments I need to get out of the way before I can even do what I would like to do. Now that I'm retired,what I'd really like to do is not take orders at all.Just make whatever I feel like making,and then,if I want to sell it,just put it out there for sale. That way I'm free to play around with designs. I think that the designing of objects is where the most fun is. Most of my private toolmaking has been done on that basis. I've had some pet customers,and when I made something,one of them always wanted it.

I would encourage all folks here to post both furniture and tools for comment, criticism, questions, and other types of feedback. That is what this forum is about, proudly showing off our work, helping each other, and solving probems. While there is a separate forum for design, my interpretation would be that it is for furniture and carpentry, not hand tool designs. tool designs to my mind are right where they belong, here on the Neanderthal forum.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH