Thread: 1992 Unisaw Questions

1992 Unisaw Questions

Are there any issues with a 1992 Delta Unisaw? I have seen newer or older models and I can not find much about the early 90's Unisaw.

Tom,

I have a Unisaw from about that time period and it has been a good saw. No complaints. Those more knowledgeable than I may correct me, but my understanding is that the basic Unisaw design didn't change much over the years. The trunions and other basic parts should be good. They put on differenf fences, rails and switches from time to time, but the basic saw stayed the same. I'm not aware of any "bad years" for Unisaws. Check the motor, though. A motor can go bad on any saw, and the replacement Unisaw motor is expensive.

Hank

I have not heard anything bad about a 1992 Uni. I have a 1970 Uni and minus some value engineering (steel plinth, slightly different motor mount, etc..)they are basically the same. When I restored mine, I used some parts from a 1982 along with some brand new parts.

I have a 1986 Unisaw and a friend has a 1994. My saw has a Unifence and his has a Biesmeyer. The saws themselves are almost identical, both 3 hp 240v 1 phase, and both have been very dependable. Since your saw falls in between I don't think there will be any significant difference either.

Charley

As stated.. Uni-saws haven't changed that much since 1937 when they were introduced. Maybe the HP of the motor and a few minor details but... it's a Uni-saw. If you are considering it just check the trunnions.. etc. to make sure nothing has been abused. One from that era will normally go from $650 - $850 depending on just how good of condition.. size motor and the type of fence. Those prices are for my area in Atlanta, BTW.

Sarge..

I would say there should not be any appreciable differences betwee it and its older siblings. Some folks would say the older machines were better built, but if they are, its not something that an average home user would ever be able to tell.