Thread: Tweet....tweet

Tweet....tweet

Just a few birdhouses that I have made in the last couple of weeks. Questions and comments welcome. Thanks.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"

Mike,
    I like those minis!

I am guessing you are going to sell them... if so I wish you luck.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Hi Dewey. Nope, the first three will be for this year's Christmas gift barrage. The LOML wants to keep the one that is spalted maple with the walnut top and East Indian rosewood finial and perch. She also wants 5-6 more to hang over the kitchen window for decoration. I plan to make a bunch more for presents and then even more to sell on the website where my wife works.

Can anyone give me an idea what to hve for a price point on these?

Thanks.

Mike
    Mike Svoma

Beautiful bird houses. Charge all the market will bear minus 3% cash discount. Makes them feel like they got a bargain. On a serious note there are so many variables in pricing art/craft work. Quality of materials, quality of workmanship, local economy, local competition. That gets me back to my little joke. I really do think you need to test the waters to see what people are willing to pay. What sells for $50 in NYC, may only bring $30 in Omaha.
    If it ain't broke...fix it anyways...that's why you told your wife you needed all those tools.

My gramps' fav.....If you don't stop, you won't be stuck.

Oh......and most importantly........I am 362 miles mostly south and a little east of Steve Schlumpf.
    Support the Creek
    for only .0164 cents / day

Mike those are some great looking birdhouses. I get $18.50 to $24.50 for mine depending on the wood.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I love the spalted one on the end. They all look great but that one especially.

Mike - looks like you had a lot of fun! All look very nice and should make for wonderful gifts - or hanging decorations - whatever the wife decides! Also agree that the spalted wood version really stands out! These things can become addictive - so watch out!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Sent him home with more spalted stuff!

Mike, With all the stuff I sent home with you this morning and all that lovely cherry you have to turn now, there will be bird houses and black cherry bowls coming out your ears! Have fun and see you next time! By the way when is your gobbler season?

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Thanks guys, I really enjoy doing these birdhouses.

Jeff, I have the 4th period for turkey season. We go down by Neillsville.

Mike
    Mike Svoma

Mike,
    Great birdhouses. I agree with the others - the spalted one really sticks out. That's my favorite.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Svoma View Post

Mike

Neillsville...... now your getting closer to my neck of the woods

by Wis. Rapids
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Svoma View Post

Mike
    Mike, I used to go over there bow hunting years ago. Lots of birds to hunt so you should do well!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

All great and will make gifts to remember. Of course if the lady of the house wants them first that is where they will go. Happens in my house anyway.

Blog Entries
    And here I thought you guys just had smaller birds back east than we have out here in the west.

jim

I took some of mine to the lady that cuts my hair, she sell them for 35 & keeps 5 for her self. Worked out good for me, best time was november to december. Extra hunting money and tool money.