Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

27 Apr 2009

Good Morning everyone,

Well, the antique school desk project is now complete and I've already started another project for the LOML. I'll include a couple of pics of the finished school desk and I'll toss in one to show you what it looked like before I got it, because when I got the little school desk it was in parts and pieces as it had fallen apart from rot and given to me in a pile of parts. I took the time to sort the pieces out, piece various parts together so I could have an idea of what the joinery was like that made this little desk the desk that they used way back when.

First the before:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=108610

And now after:
    DSCF2137-antique_desk.jpg
    DSCF2138-antique_desk.jpg
    DSCF2140-antique_desk.jpg
    DSCF2142-antique_desk.jpg

All the rest of the time was spent working at the day job, but the little desk gets delivered this evening as a surprise to the customers mother (who thinks this little desk of hers is still stolen and to never be seen again.)

Garden has been planted and all the starter seeds are coming up, now if it doesn't rain all week this week and was our newly planted garden away!!

That's it for me..so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Started back to work on the Morris Chair!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Saturday was work on the kitchen cart a bit, added a coat of paint, then off doing shopping with the wife...seems I promised I'd go with in a senior moment....
    Sunday was brisket on the grill...beatuiful day for it, lower 50's, windy, and rainning....grrrrr
    Did get the kitchen cart almost done though.

This was taken during one of the infrequent lulls in the downpour..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Friday, went to church to remove old garage door and replace with walk door. Got couple of nice red oak reclaims for my trouble. Show some signs of water damage, but can be worked around or removed.

Saturday, helped Mom work in her landscaping most of the morning. Went to Home Depot and bought 4511 tablesaw and 4242 sander. Couldn't pass up the deal. Didn't use my head as I was close to $1000 before discount apply, could have gotten 300 off. Went to buddys party that night.

Got up early Sunday, skipped church, Started on saw. Mowed yard, helped daughters boyfriend replace radiator in truck. Turned wifes donkey loose in front pasture, he's happy. Finished saw. Grilled out. Need to check all adjustments today.

My weekend is still in force since I'm off today. Was stormy and rainy this weekend and still have the garden to finish off, but that will have to wait till later, plus some landscaping projects that will have to be put off. So it all boils down to plan B today which is spring cleaning. Since I am rehabing the entire store at the day job, they have a large dumpster at the ready, so it's spring cleaning here at the house, and I'm definately in a "toss it" mode. Anything outside the shop that has not been touched, used, utilized, or looked at in the last six months is getting tossed!!!! This has the kids very greatly concerned
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

Basically waited around most of Saturday for one of our rescue families to bring a new dog in from Austin. He has a broken leg that has been fixed, but still has a good 6 weeks of rehab to go. That reads walking on a leash. And it's raining all this week! Watched the Mavs/Spurs game, then spent a couple hours in the shop putting some ideas together on my ZCI, mainly making some jigs to be able to reproduce it. Spent Sunday on the jigs some more, then middle of the afternoon, tried to cut a new one out, and the bearing collar on my template bit loosened on me, and I destroyed the jig. I don't even have an allen wrench small enough to tighten it! Must be 1/32"...it's really small. So I got another piece of corian out of the attic, and made a new template for that one, and for the replaceable inserts. Just can't make a new plate until I get an allen wrench the right size.
    Oh! And I found out just how sharp Whiteside straight bits are!!! Grabbed one to pull out of the holder in the RT drawer, it still had the rubber protectant on the flutes. OUCH!!!! Nice little slice on the first finger and thumb!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Mornin' Dennis.

Long time since I've posted in this thread. Probably cause I don't usually get to do any WW'ing on the weekends.

This weekend was different. All the women folk were gone so it gave me a chance to get some stuff done in the shop. I've actually gotten the flag display case cut and glued up and the trim pieces cut and ready to glue on. I might even be able to get the thing done this week.

Only problem is I can't work more than about 3 hours at a time before my feet start really bothering me. I then have to quit and sit down for a while. Oh well, at least I can still get out and do some stuff.

I also got the whole lawn aereated and some weed and feed down before we had the rain. 2-1/2" so far with more on it's way today. The lawn is greening up really nice though. Next is rolling it to smooth out the bumps before the first mow of the season.

Hope ya'll have a great week.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I went to Nashville with my wife Weds-Saturday where she attended a convention. Had I known when I agreed to go that it would be my fourth trip in 4 weeks I probably wouldn't have gone. I worked most of the time but Friday afternoon I went to a flea market (didn't find anything worth shipping home) and to General Industrial Supply who just opened a beautiful new woodworking shop stocked with Rockler items and machinery including some of their scratch-n-dent stuff. Got home late Saturday night. Sunday I took LOMLjr to buy a new bike and had my parents over for dinner. And that's about it. I actually get to stay home for the week so hopefully I can make some progress on my planer restoration which I haven't touched in almost 2 months due to house projects and work travel. But first I need to sharpen mower blades, get the mower deck on the tractor, and do my first mowing. The neighbors on either side mowed Sunday, making me look bad.

Busy weekend with work, however on Sunday I got some yard work done.

I also have the sun burn to prove it.

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

It was the one weekend per month when my shop is taken over by the cupboard door team.

The ladies made new cupboard doors for a non profit group and installed them.

They even swept up the shop and put everything away...They're starting to make me look bad!

Tonight my buddy comes over to use the shaper to make drawer lock joints on a couple of drawers. That will be the end of the project for him.

Regards, Rod.

Now that it is turning nice and sunny I decided to finish up the picnic table to hold our new 13' market umbrella to give us some relief while at our playground/grilling area.

Unfortunately in the process of assembling the table I got a nice burn across the back of my shoulders

It just needs a final rough sanding and sealer, but for now my shoulders are telling me to avoid direct sunlight
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.