Thread: Digital Camera

Digital Camera

I finally got a digital camera. I picked up a Minolta Dimage Z2 off e-bay. I know there's better cameras out there but I thought this one would be a good stepping stone to learn on, and with the 512 mb card I've got allot of room for trial & error.

Congrats Mark!
    Shoot away...the digital world has a little learning curve...but it's a blast.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    Congrats Mark!
    Shoot away...the digital world has a little learning curve...but it's a blast.
    And the nice thing about that Mark is that you don't have to buy film or pay for developing. I shot over 500 photos "just practicing" to get the feel for my new camera. And when I find out what works best, I jot them down during the testing phase to help me out. Makes it a lot easier to get that perfect shot later on.

Congrats and best of luck.

Yeah and you can post lots of puctures for us.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman
    Yeah and you can post lots of puctures for us.
    Indeed, now you let the cat out of the bag, Chris and Tyler will be on you to show more pics

In case you decide to get some pics "developed" you can take the memory card or burn a CD with the pics to many places and have them print them for you. The price (18 cents each at Costco) is not too bad considering that you can cull the pics and they can crank them out much faster than most home printers.
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    So deal the cards Mark!

It's about time for a digital update of that Mini wondershop of yours .
    Have fun! Lots of stuff to use them for. I carry mine almost everywhere I go. I even used it for portable digital storage to bring a big file home from work. Way cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark J Bachler
    I finally got a digital camera. I picked up a Minolta Dimage Z2 off e-bay. I know there's better cameras out there but I thought this one would be a good stepping stone to learn on, and with the 512 mb card I've got allot of room for trial & error.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    I carry mine almost everywhere I go. I even used it for portable digital storage to bring a big file home from work. Way cool!
    Tyler, I have been carrying my smaller CoolPix 880 when I travel, but my new Motorola V600 wireless phone happens to include camera and storage capability...and it weighs a lot less than the camera! It's not for serious photography, but reasonable to record things "along the way" that one might want to remember in a 640 pixel wide image. And with a quick click in Photoshop Elements to restore natural color, my ugly puss below actually looks reasonable from a photography standpoint. (Good for rodent control from an artistic standpoint! ) This is the first photo I've taken with it...your post made me think about it's usefulness as I didn't buy the phone to get a camera; it just happened to be included.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Oh My god, my heart, my heart. Scared me to death !!

Jim, High tech today blows me away!! When I started in the field (before you were born) it took a truck load of equipment to perform a just a few of the tests that one of my techs can do from his desk with a lap top to a facility in the next state over. And it took half the day to warm it up.
    Just amazing what and Imagineers are wipping up these days
    Kudos to you think people.
    These are amazing times.

PS Lets not use that one for the Avatar OK?
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Blog Entries
    LMAO on Tyler's comments!!!!

I have to agree with him about not using that one for the avatar.

Probably would not work too well for an ad. Would you buy a piece of furniture made by the guy in that picture????
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Jim, High tech today blows me away!! When I started in the field (before you were born)

LOL! Since I was born in early 1957, it must have been interesting seeing your folks carry around a building-sized mainframe as a PDA!!

PS Lets not use that one for the Avatar OK?
    Most definitely...I don't think that one will even be on the harddrive for very long, indeed...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...