Thread: Parts SNAFU

Angry Parts SNAFU

Don't you hate it when a vendor fouls up your order . Legacy changed out the tail stock end of their machines so that you can turn longer pieces. So I call them on Friday to order the part I would need. Give them my CC number. Now these guys are in Utah and I live in Arizona 1-2 days by the UPS ground shipping map. Monday comes around, nothing, Tuesday, nada still. Had to go to all day class for the next three days, finally get a chance to call them today and they said that it had shipped on Wednesday What's up with that??? So its Friday 6:20 pm and UPS rings the door bell, yeppie its here. Open it up only to find out they shipped me the very same part I already have and since they are already 1 hour ahead of me on a Friday evening I am stuck for another weekend without being able to work on my project.

I can see that they would need to send it out on Monday (since I called kinda late) so it would arrive on Wednesday, even if they fouled up the order I could still have gotten the right part by this weekend
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

You have obviously confused this with an experience where you get what you want. This is an experience to teach you patience. And since it didn't work you need to order a few more items.

Yeah, been there. Ordered stuff and get the wrong thing. that's why some people won't order things. If it's not on the shelf, they won't get it. Oh well, good luck with the next one.