Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Inc now on the top of my bad company list!!

Angry Grizzly Inc now on the top of my bad company list!!

I placed my order for a new Grizzly G0691 this week. Received an email today saying that it is on back order till, get this, AUGUST 30th!!!!!! In this day and age they couldn't have put that information on their web page? Don't tell me I can order one, take my money and then tell me you don't have one to ship. Let me know BEFORE I order that there is a 4 month delay. To me, that is just crappy customer service! Right now I have half a mind to cancel my order and go someplace else! Should have bought that used Powermatic 66 after all. I am not a happy camper!!!

Scott, there could be several possibilities here.
    Perhaps there was actually more than one order that came in that day, and you weren't first?
    Maybe they had an unavoidable supply issue - those things do happen.
    Perhaps their inventory system had a glitch - those things happen as well.

I don't know what the answer is, but certainly cancelling the order is an option for you. Or, perhaps Grizzly would upgrade you to a different machine at a better price. Have you spoken with customer service?

Not sure Sawmill Creek should be the first avenue of attack here, but each to their own.

Not really attacking...just venting my frustrations with online vendors. With everything computerized, or should be if you are running an online order site, you should at a minimum display the availablility of the products you are selling. Or as the order is processed it should verify stock on hand. It just leaves a bad taste with me.

I thought they weren't supposed to charge your card until it shipped?

Anyway, I'm sure they'll refund your money if you decide to cancel. I'm also sure they didn't mean to offend, trick, or rip you off in any way. Their customer service has always been top notch and I'd bet a call to their customer service department will get you a refund right away.

Wow ... that's all it took to tick you off?

What if it had been WMH? Or General? Or Delta? Or any number of manufacturers that sometimes have delays.

I'm glad I'm not in business.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

Scott, I'd be mad about that too. You spend all that wasted time giving them all your info. and you get excited about getting the product and then the big let down. They should know their inventory before they take your money. Maybe they're hiding the fact they don't have the product just to get the order but I hope not. That would be really underhanded and I expect more than that from Grizzly.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

Blog Entries
    I think some of you are little hard on Scott. I would be ticked, too, for a 4 month delay. Leadtimes are one thing, but this is ridiculous. Unless someone came in and bought their entire inventory in one day they should have known they couldn't deliver in a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tolchinsky View Post
    Scott, I'd be mad about that too. You spend all that wasted time giving them all your info. and you get excited about getting the product and then the big let down. They should know their inventory before they take your money. Maybe they're hiding the fact they don't have the product just to get the order but I hope not. That would be really underhanded and I expect more than that from Grizzly.
    Add my +1 to the list.

Bruce

I have implemented many online order processing systems and integrated inventory control.

Most all of the ones I have worked with have it setup that if real time inventory is below a set level, usually based on sales trends for that period, the system will automatically back order an item and Not allow sales of it, untill the next restock is due.

Systems that are setup not to is just bad business and configuration.

I ordered my G0651 last Saturday and it was delivered yesterday.

I ordered a steel city air filtration the first of april and they told me it would ship out in a week. A week went by and nothing. I call them back and they tell me it will be the 1st of may. Now they tell me it will be after mid June.

I understand the frustration. However I would use this to my advantage and see if I could get the G0651 at a better price. They have them in stock.

Blog Entries
    I hear Scott's frustration. He has probably been working through this important decision for quite awhile if he's like the rest of us. Now he finds that his chosen tool is delayed, I can see that as a disappointment.

I don't know that I would go bear hunting over a supply problem. I think you've gotten to vent a bit and that should help you move forward with your decision. I would call Grizzly and see what options you have. You might end up with an acceptable situation. If they can't make you happy, I assume you had a second choice(?).
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Larru View Post
    I ordered a steel city air filtration the first of april and they told me it would ship out in a week. A week went by and nothing. I call them back and they tell me it will be the 1st of may. Now they tell me it will be after mid June.
    I prefer the painful truth right out of the gate, don't you?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I'd be disappointed. Especially since I want one so badly. Maybe a lot of others wanted one too, and with the sale price, a bunch of them bought and depleted their supply. It is new, so maybe there aren't that many of them either. I don't know, but call Grizzly. History shows that they take care of their customers. Have them check the other warehouses. Maybe their system only pulls immediately from the nearest warehouse for shipping expense reasons. Maybe suggest that they implement something into their website that shows during the order process, or preferably on the order screen, if it is available. Good luck and let us know the outcome. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Hmmm....yup you should have bought the used 66
    JeffD

I would be disappointed, too. You finally get the scratch together, and have to wait 4 months! I will bet they have been selling that model like hotcakes and cannot keep up with the demand.

When I ordered my Grizzly stuff I did it on the phone and the sales person verified inventory. I got a BS and TS. The table saw was back ordered a month, but came in a little earlier.