Thread: Need Advice For Making Cabinet

Need Advice For Making Cabinet

I am working on recent project of making cabinet. 45" long, 12"-20" deep and 25" tall. My clients require 2-3 drawers, he need space for xbox, DVD Player and music system. So I need some sample design. Give me some images or diagram. I have searched many design in Google. Also give some idea about paint and polish.

Last edited by henry kemp; 05-02-2009 at 5:03 AM. Reason: Spell

Hi Henry,

This is a pretty broad request and I'm sure folks will pitch in ideas if you give a little more info about what you are looking for, usually with sample pictures.

If it is too early for that, I recommend going down to a Borders or some other big bookstore and start going through magazines. You can look at home design magazines, or if it is for an entertainment center look at the home entertainment magazines for the commercial cabinetry that is available. That should give you a basic idea of what you want, then come back here for specific pointers or suggestions.

Good luck.

Roger

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Jensen View Post
    Hi Henry,

This is a pretty broad request .................... recommend going to Borders or some big bookstore and start going through magazines........ if it is for an entertainment center look at the home entertainment magazines for the commercial cabinetry that is available..... then come back here for specific pointers or suggestions.
    Roger
    I agree with Roger 100%. It seems like you really dont know what you want or where to start. If you went with your minimum 12" deep and 25" tall, it would be very tippy expecially if sat on a thick carpet.

Edited:
    I just re-read this post and it sounds sarcastic which it was not meant to be, so I apologize for that.
    Moving right along.....
    My first several years of furniture design and building, I couldnt resist passing a furniture store or antique shop without going inside. The furniture you see will not only give you ideas on what you want and how to do it but also on what the public wants in terms of style. Woodworking supply houses and cabinet supply houses have pre-made plastic trays for organizing CD"s/DVD's etc, that fit into drawers.
    Last edited by Tony Bilello; 05-02-2009 at 7:09 PM.
    Retired, living and cruising full-time on my boat.
    Currently on the Little Tennessee River near Knoxville