Thread: Continuation

Continuation

"The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Bruce how many lathes are you going to have in your new school? Will you have a hole working shop also? IE table saw, band saw , jointer , planer excreta excreta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hope you all got a nice stash. Because this was seized at the border today.

I was going to ask the same question Mike. How are you going to set it up Bruce?
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Before Woodcraft closed, I made a deal with the owners for 3- Jet 1014 Mini's, 1 Rikon 70-100, 4 - work tables 32' X 36" , 4 - chucks, and Various tools, stools, and stuff. Since then I bought 3 - 8 piece Turning sets and New live centers.

The area will be 12X24 on one side and 12 X 28 on the other(concrete/plaster wall) is useless, so three student lathes will be on the shorter wall, facing away from the window. My Lathe, the Rikon, will be up at the headwall. There will be a counter on the long wall to hold a drill press, band saw, and combo belt/disk sander and several display shelf units for blanks, etc.

Since I am GOD AWFUL at flat work, there ain't gonna be no teachin' o' that here. (unless, down the road, someone wants to rent the shop for a demonstration, with their own tools).

Took some pictures today, "fourth work day" thread to follow.

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Sounds great Bruce. May your wisdom guild your students right into the vortex and there checks into your bank account.

Good luck,
    Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hope you all got a nice stash. Because this was seized at the border today.