Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pen Exchange Results

Hi All
    Just to let you know I have sent my pen partner Maria her pen but Knowing how the surface mail is between here and the USA it may take a week or so to reach her
    Regards
    Graham

Pen is mightier than the turner?

Hi Graham,
    Package has not yet arrived, but I'm happy to report that your pen is FINALLY done! Every gremlin in my shop has been out to get me on this one (and they threw the first one clear across the room at a very high rate of speed. Not a pretty outcome). Anyway, second time is the charm, and it will be in the mail to you this week.
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

Quote Originally Posted by David Walser View Post
    ...The pen is made from stabilized and dyed box elder burl. ...
    I just noticed an error in my description of the pen I received from Tom. It's made from buckeye burl, not box elder burl. I apologize for my error.

Pen shipped today for Joe Melton

Joe,
    Your pen is in the mail. It is a -------- with -------- for material. Sorry, you will have to wait.

Alton

SORRY TIME - My Pen came from Tim CLEVELAND

Tim, got your name wrong - the VERY nice pen I received in the exchange is from Tim CLEVELAND - big oops, on my part! Mike

Mike, I really like the pen. Sorry about taking this long to get back to you, I got it a couple of days ago, but have been very busy and didn't have a chance to post until now. I also really liked the softer polish on the hardware, where did you get it from? Thanks again

Tim

7. Recieved My pen today from Paul Fitzgerald Gold TN Jr. Gent Dressed in Kingwood and Finished with Enduro and Ren. Wax paul had PM me a week ago to let me know how he was coming along with this pen and had said he was having trouble with the finish well i dont know what he did this past week but his finish problems a over the the fit and finish on this pen are top notch Thanks Paul I truly love it

Douglas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Feehan View Post
    Recieved My pen today from Paul Fitzgerald Gold TN Jr. Gent Dressed in Kingwood and Finished with Enduro and Ren. Wax paul had PM me a week ago to let me know how he was coming along with this pen and had said he was having trouble with the finish well i dont know what he did this past week but his finish problems a over the the fit and finish on this pen are top notch Thanks Paul I truly love it

Douglas
    Thanks Doug! I'm glad you like it.

I just realized the post I created with the picture of your pen isn't in this thread... I must have hit "Preview Post" and forgot to hit "Submit Reply".

Oops. I'll get that done when I get home tonight.

Paul
    Paul Fitzgerald
    Mid-South Woodworker

9. pen swap

1. Has any one heard from Belton? Sent his pen out frist of the week just wondering?

Here's the pen Douglas Feehan sent me.

It's a Sierra Vista Gold TN kit crafted with Brown Ebony, Brass, and Dyed White Veneer (Maple) and finished with six coats of lacquer.

Stunning ain't it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Fitzgerald
    Mid-South Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Fitzgerald View Post
    Here's the pen Douglas Feehan sent me.

It's a Sierra Vista Gold TN kit crafted with Brown Ebony, Brass, and Dyed White Veneer (Maple) and finished with six coats of lacquer.

Stunning ain't it?
    WOW!!!!

The pens I receiver from Chris Hayes and Gary Herrmann are top notch. Thank you. You guys both made beautiful pens. I can only hope you like the ones I made for you half as much as I like mine. I'll also post pics as soon as I know you got them.
    Dave
    My money talks to me... It says Good Bye.

I hate these pen exchanges

Today I received my pen from Alton Folsom, and it is drop-dead beautiful. It is a Baron, I think, and appears to have platinum fittings. I'm guessing it is a dyed maple, but am not sure. Anyway, it far surpasses the ordinary writing implement I sent him, to be sure. I'll try to get a photo up, but my cameras do not take closeups well enough to do this pen justice.
    I'm not participating in any more of these exchanges. If I want to feel inadequate, I'll take my wife dancing.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Melton View Post
    Today I received my pen from Alton Folsom, and it is drop-dead beautiful. It is a Baron, I think, and appears to have platinum fittings. I'm guessing it is a dyed maple, but am not sure. Anyway, it far surpasses the ordinary writing implement I sent him, to be sure. I'll try to get a photo up, but my cameras do not take closeups well enough to do this pen justice.
    I'm not participating in any more of these exchanges. If I want to feel inadequate, I'll take my wife dancing.
    Joe
    Come on...you know you love it...nothing like getting another handmade pen from a fellow Creeker...

Talking Lovely pen received from down under!!!

My pen arrived from Graham Sugar and boy am I a happy gal! It is a lovely fountain pen, Baron Black Ti kit wrapped in conkerberry from australia. I'm posting the one good pic I managed to take before my camera batteries crapped out, but the color of this wood is really wonderful in person. Varying shades from yellow to tangerine with some browns and greens in there too. Graham also turned me a matching key ring which I will also post once I get fresh batteries. In addition to the lovely pen, he parted with a conkerberry blank to try for myself, and some other lovely native blanks: False sandalwood, coolibah burl, eucalyptus burl and mulga (new one to me, evidently a "weapon wood" for the aboriginals). So a huge THANK YOU! to Graham and to Tom for matching me up with him

Oh yes, here is the pen!!
    conkerberry.jpg
    More pix later.
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood