Thread: Another CSUSA Super Support Story

Another CSUSA Super Support Story

I bought a used Woodfast lathe from Craft Supplies USA in 2003. Even if the lathe had not been sold to me "as is", any reasonable warranty would have expired long ago. Over the last couple of years, the lathe would shut off. After turning off the power by unplugging the lathe and then blowing out the switches with compressed air, the lathe would work just fine. At first these episodes were infrequent. Recently, they started recurring on a very regular basis.

Last week I sent CSUSA's technical support an email explaining the problem and asking if there was someone in the local area they'd recommend taking the lathe to for repair. In my email, I included my work and home phone numbers in case they had questions. The next day, Roger from CSUSA called me at work and spent a good 45 minutes with me on the phone diagnosing the problem. Following Roger's clear instructions, I was able to fix the lathe myself. It took me several hours -- but that's because I'm a klutz with things electrical, particularly when working in tight spaces.

Anyway, Roger's help went far above what I'd expected. He used up close to 1/8 of his work day to answer questions about a lathe he'd sold me -- as is -- almost 6 years ago.

Now that is service, glad to hear it, I always like to know when a place gives great service, a product is only as valuable as it's service.

David:
    These guys are the best! I bought my Nova 1624 from them last year. They have been a dream working with me on shipping damage, on not one but two motors.
    Glad you got the lathe up and running.
    All the best.

Don

David - always good to hear when a company provides service that goes above and beyond expectations! Glad you were able to repair your lathe!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Good story. I have always had problems fixed in short order by them. Great company to work with.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.