Thread: Weekend Accomplishments......

Arrow Weekend Accomplishments......

Well...another weekend has come and gone. Really nice weather here in August. Temps have been in the 80's in the day with temp in the upper 60's to lower 70's at night. Definately NOT our usual August weather.

I got a little shop time in this weekend. I turned a bowl from Aeromatic Cedar that I got for a guy up the road from me. I'll post a pic this week of it. The guy likes rustic looking stuff and I figured the least I could do was turn him a bowl for all the cedar he gave me.

Anyway, I need to start working on that Antique Sewing Machine tonight so I'll have to figure out a way to get it from the house to the shop by my self.

So what did you do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all........
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Temps in the high 80s to mid 90s. Saturday morning did a little work on an MR scanner. Saturday afternoon.....replaced concrete top on sprinkler system box in driveway....got tires rotated on company van......sprayed weeds......hauled construction debris to dump.....finally got started on painting my new shop......Sunday......sprayed some more weeds......high temps....decided it was too hot for painting!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Turned a Pen & Pencil set for my wife fo rour 17th wedding anniversary (see other post for pictures) and made a display box for them as well. The Pen & Pencil are made from mesquite and the box is curly maple.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

It was a pleasant weekend around here with weather mild enough that the windows could be open, rather than depending on the A/C. Friday was lawn-mowing day to insure that the meat of the weekend didn't get eaten up by that task.

Saturday morning, I made a run to the local Kubota dealer to pick up a new belt for the mower deck...the one on it has made it over four years, but needs replacing. While there, I spied a Woods 5000 Chipper/Shreader (basically unused) on consigment for about half what they normally go for. Dr. SWMBO and I will go back to look at it next weekend to see if we want to add it to our implement collection. After a trip to the 'Depot for a few parts LOML needed for her "super" pond filter system she was building, we returned home for the arrival of my parents. They have been vacationing in a cabin up in northeastern PA for the past four weeks and will be here for abouta week before returning to their home in central Florida. In the mean time, I got started on the sander stand detailed in a separate thread and completed the carcass construction before stopping for the day and dinner.

Sunday, the other bay window was supposed to be installed, but the intaller's grandmother passed away Saturday night (really...) and it didn't happen. I'm a bit frustrated on this as it is not always easy to schedule things around my business travel, etc...not to mention the weather. At any rate, I finished up the sander stand and took some pictures for a product review I'm about to work on. (a sharpening accessory for the Ellsworth gouge)

All in all...a very nice weekend. Have a great and safe week, folks!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

d,

Super nice weather here too!!!

In addition to working on the computer desk, I got my phone lines run back to the new office and I braced the ceiling boxes in the office and in Katie's room with an additional 2X4 so I could install ceiling fans in those 2 rooms. I got the fans up and solved an ongoing TV signal problem in Katie's room when I found a loose connection in the attic. Katie can actually see the shows on her TV now.

Everyone have a good week,

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well it was a fairly relaxing weekend but a great week last week - took the wife and kids fishing. Caught a bunch of panfish, some bluegill, quite a few pike, a couple of bass, and a walleye or two.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    The weather in Alabama has really been nice for about 4 days. 10 degrees below normal. I managed to get some shop time Saturday. Turned a bowl and made a few pens to increase my stock for an up-coming craft show in September. Sat under the Bradford Pear tree in the back yard, downed a couple of and watched my 23yr old G.S cut the lawn, weed eat, and spray Roundup where needed. Life is good when you can get someone else to do your chores .

Sunday afternoon I commited burglary. I went to my local sawyer to pick up some clear cherry to make a couple of raised panel doors for a friend. The sawyer wasn't home and since the mill and open storage sheds are behind his house I just went in, captured what I needed and left. On the way home I though what if someone saw me and called the cops and I got arrested on the way home . Luckily I made it without incident. Now I need to remember to go by his auto parts store and pay him for what I stole.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Got my spray room operational!!!!!!! Yipeeee!!!!
    Wife lined the ceiling and inner walls with plastic till I get time to put up sheetrock in there. Was going to sheet it with OSB, but---due to the high cost of OSB, going with the dreaded sheetrock.
    Sure is nice to have a place to spray stain and such without it getting all over my tools and such.
    Now I need to get air in there. Got a seperate regulator filter hung up, but need something other than a air hose laying on the floor under the door.
    Got some more junk, er goodies, moved from main shop to mechanical room, and got some more wiring done in that room. Welding plug, receptacles. No lights yet. If I keep it dark in there I won't see what all I'm dragging in there that actually needs to go the dump.
    Tried to finish up a cabinet job saturday, but came back home with two doors out of 27 that were wrong. To big to fit the cabinet. Went over my paperwork to see what was amiss, and I mis figured the door size. Oh well, something else to keep me busy I guess.
    Redoing those doors today.
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Clardy; 08-09-2004 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Saturday was partially spent uncrating my Laguna band saw. Pix and gloat to come when it's up on its feet. Sunday was spent trying to reconcile my measurements on height and length of the front steps (big mothers) with the measurements of a contractor. And refreshing myself on geometry, etc., to get the correct pitch of the hypotenuse(sp?) for doing the project myself. LOML and I went over to Wolftrap in the pm to a Reggai concert by Bob Marley's son's group. The acorn had fallen too far from the tree, and we left halfway through it all, hitting the ice cream shop in Vienna for a root beer float, not on my diet, but absolutely wonderful.

Jack
    Why eat natural foods when most people die of natural causes?

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quiet and catchup on sleep, rest, and sanity. Moved from chair to couch to bed and back again.
    Sunday hooked up the new appliances. Love that crushed Ice Maker!
    Little land scaping, started the rebuild on my old N60 finish nail gun. It was worse than I thought. Shopped and then called in an order for a Bostich N62 nail gun. Hope that will speed up my restoration project.
    Have a good week folks
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Another sad weekend, buried another friend on Friday. That’s the second in less than a month. Jay was killed in a car accident in Madison & Todd died from diabetes complications. Both were 41, so young. I did get some shop time on Sunday. Just have one cabinet end left to veneer (a customer after thought). A fellow here in town bought a large older building & is making it into low-income housing. I’m doing all the kitchen cabs. for it. I now have 4 total sets done and 6 more to go. There were people waiting to move into the 1<SUP>st</SUP> 4 apartments so the rush was on. Now I can kick back a little. The cabs are just basic 8ft to 10 ft. runs. Two of the sets were ADA. I’m getting a deal on left over plain sliced oak veneer on ¾" MDF and almond kortron at work & passing the savings on to make them affordable but yet custom and a little nicer than bought outs. Everyone seems happy.

Thumbs up

Beautiful weekend weather. Worked in the yard. Got some shop time in trying to finish the mirror project. Watched a couple older movies (in DVD form). All in all, a great weekend.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

We took our little girl (6 years old) to a place in Glen New Hampshire called Story Land fun place for a day trip for the family or if you are visiting the White Mountains. We were there for 2 hours and it started to pour rain after 2 hours we left much to a broken hearted 6 year old but they gave out rain checks so we will go back in a few weeks.
    Sunday worked on a light house I am building for a professor at U.N.H.

Feels like Late September nice break but not good for the garden

Dave

Continued work on the West wall of the house. Got the windows trimmed out on the outside and did a bunch of caulking. Friend stopped by Fri. evening and milled up a couple pieces of Redwood he needed for replacement parts for his grill. Cut some of the grass, then back to the wall project. Cut down, soldered and bent some copper LOML insisted on for the flashing over the new patio doors and the big picture window. Installed a 110VAC outlet (GFI, of course), which now brings the total outside outlet count to 1! Got about 95% of it covered in T1-11 Sunday, when I finally just plain old ran out of steam. Hope everyone has a great week!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Blog Entries
    Got two coats of primer on the the drywall in the garage conversion and also the first coat of the base color on the walls. Will be trying a faux finish (ragging) in this room. The colors certainly will be eye opening. A bright red base coat with an almost reddish/purple highlight that will be the actual "ragging" color. Am doing the painting now and eliminating A TON of "cutting in" later on in the project. Of course, now the trade off is that I have to be careful for the rest of the project NOT to ding up the walls in building in all of the structure that will be going in.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!