Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I tried to be nice...

Blog Entries
    It makes me sad that this guy may give non-Christians another argument for their repertoire. True Christians, and I am one, are not like that.

Sometimes there are a few that make you wonder. Forty years ago I interviewed for a job and when the talk came to pay I was given a "Christian" answer - "A workman is worthy of his pay." That may be true but I would like to know what I am worthy of before I commit.

My $.02

Why is it that that individuals enjoy pointing when a Christian does something wrong; we all do something wrong, all of us, some worse than others; as it says in Bible; let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

As a Christian this is one of the areas that really gets to me. When was the last time someone posted that an Atheist/Muslim/Jew did something wrong.

Just because someone says they are something; does not make them that person; individuals pose as girls on the internet to meet other girls; men pose as bachelors to meet other women; individuals pose as contractors to pave your driveway or fix your roof.

Con artists are con artists pure and simple. I see good and bad in all people; criticizing a group or an organization as being bad is not only wrong, but makes no sense at all.

I'll point our one thing and end my ranting; faith based groups are one of the first and last groups to jump in at a time of need. When disaster hits you can bet someone from a faith based group is there. COUNT ON IT.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    I'm with Todd on this. I'm also a Christian, and as a Service Adviser at a car dealership, I see people with the fish on their vehicles all the time come across as idiots by the way they act. I've come to the conclusion that just because someone says they are a Christian, doesn't necessarily make it so. Brings to mind a song by Rich Mullens:

It's about as useless as a screen door on a submarine
    Faith without works, baby...
    It just ain't happenin'
    One is your left hand, one is your right
    It'll take two strong arms to hold on tight
    Some folks cut off their nose just to spite their face E
    I think you need some works to show for your alleged faith

Well there's a dif-ference you know
    'tween having faith and playing make believe
    One will make you grow. The other one just make you sleep
    Talk about it
    But I really think you oughtta take a leap off of the ship
    Before you claim to walk on water.
    Faith without works is like a song you can't sing
    It's about as useless as a screen door on a sub-marine.

I think you should send a polite note to this person and report that you have heard about the flier your customer received. Ask him to not spread information that is not true.
    Then I would make a letter for all the customers you deal with. Explain that you found out from another customer, that someone is sending out information about you not wanting to do certain types of services any longer. Explain that that is not the case, and list all the things you and your business do. I think your customers will get the hint. Jim.
    Rich Mullens was a great songwriter,and performer.He left us waaaay too soon.
    the thing that bothers me most about the "christian" issue in business, is the fact that Jesus warned of what the power of $$ could lead to. and make no mistake, this was all about $$. unfortunately today, the word Christian doesn't hold the prestige we think it should/could.
    that's sad...really, because there are good,honest,decent Christian people still doing right in the business community.but, like another secular song says so matter-of-factly: once bitten;twice shy. shame is, it's not just their buisness name that gets the bad publicity.....
    Give an honest days work for an honest days pay