Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Speed

Blog Entries

Don't Speed

Here are the new Zero tolerance speed cameras. Think they'll work?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now that there is funny! Imagine an officer of the law in a hot pursuit forgetting about the new system, could spoil his whole day. Might also cut back on teen traffic fatalities after the first few Zero Tolerance episodes hit the news.
    David B

It would last about a day before someone pulled that first exposed round and separated the belt. Ammo is expensive nowadays. The same rounds would then probably be used to disable the camera.
    The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
    - Marcus Aurelius ---------------------------------------- ------------- [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ammo is getting expensive as well as hard to find. Many of my coworkers target shoot on the weekends. They're always complaining how hard it's getting to find ammo. Apparently, there's been a very big run on ammo over the past several months. The reasons get into politics, so I won't go there.

That is a cool graphic. I think I saw one just like that while driving through Switzerland years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Ammo is getting expensive as well as hard to find. Many of my coworkers target shoot on the weekends. They're always complaining how hard it's getting to find ammo. Apparently, there's been a very big run on ammo over the past several months. The reasons get into politics, so I won't go there.

That is a cool graphic. I think I saw one just like that while driving through Switzerland years ago.
    Pat, I sent you a note with a link to a site that has a great article regarding the ammo shortage. The statistics are pretty impressive.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Belinda,
    Please send link to me also.

Thanks,
    Burt

Anything I saw in Kentucky wouldnt suprise me!

Belinda - you're mailbox is full. Please send link. Thanks, Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    Belinda - you're mailbox is full. Please send link. Thanks, Todd
    Sending link Todd. You would not believe how many requests I've had for it. I would post it here but I've already been chastised for a gun thread.
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 05-11-2009 at 2:23 PM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Alcantara View Post
    Belinda,
    Please send link to me also.

Thanks,
    Burt
    So, what did you think Burt?

Never mind, I got your e-mail!
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 05-11-2009 at 2:33 PM.

Bella Terra

On a halfway serious note, they supposedly got something to work on one of our no-longer-rural roads that was being used as a shortcut by commuters. Word had it the speed cameras would trigger a penalty red light.

Rod and Todd - link sent.

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Sending link Todd. You would not believe how many requests I've had for it. I would post it here but I've already been chastised for a gun thread.

My way also if you don't mind Belinda.

If you would be so kind Belinda, to me as well. I would like one of those for my area, to me it would beat the heck out of all these damnedable speed humps .
    I know it was here a minute ago ???

Michael & Jude, link just sent.

Bella Terra