Thread: Cherry entertainment center

Cherry entertainment center

Made of solid cherry & cherry ply from plans in FWW. Finish is minwax natural & waterlox. This was a fun & useful project, & has received the coveted LOML seal of approval. Construction technique is new for me - mostly biscuits & screws, the whole thing can be disassmbled. Thanks for looking. -Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great. Real nice looking cherry. It looks like it fits nicely into it's new home as well.

Looks really nice, that cherry is stunning. Well done!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Great project

That looks great, well done! I've been considering something like that, too!

Nice tool chest in the background. Did you make it? It looks like one that was in shopnotes or woodsmith sometime ago.

cheers
    Pat

Looks really nice. Do you have a link to those plans?

Dave

Nicely done. I just made the same one.

Mike

Dave, that turned out very well. Great figure on the cherry, and the color really shows well.

Like Pat, I am curious of the tool cabinet/chest???? More info needed!

The toolchest was built from plans in woodsmith. It is all solid wood, and was a much more difficult project. If I had to do it again, I'd have drawers all the way down. You have to open both doors to access slide out trays, which so far haven't been all that useful. The entertainment center went together much more quickly, though it seems heretical to use screws and a biscuit jointer. I think it falls more into the category of cabinet making rather than fine wood working (not that any of my wood working is all that fine . My one concern is how well the top will hold up. While the figure on the ply is great, it's also incredibly thin. The room it's in has cherry crown & molding, as well as a cherry border on the floor. It's amazing how much it's darkened over the last 2 years, this latest piece is very light in comparison.

Great work. Looks like you also did a good job of making the center coordinate with the flooring and book cases. Your wife was right to give her approval.