Thread: Delta Unisaw Uniguard

Delta Unisaw Uniguard

Has anybody put dust collection on a Delta Unisaw Uniguard? If so could I see the pictures?

I did years ago, but no longer have the photos. I constructed a new head for the UniGuard out of Lexan. The issue with the UniGuard is that it's not easily possible to move it out of the way when you truly need to have it gone for a particular cut or operation since the arm is "fixed" to the saw. I replaced it with an Excalibur overarm guard for that reason on the Jet cabinet saw that I used to own.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim, I don't understand what you mean by "the arm is fixed to the saw" - one turn of a knob and the arm on mine pulls out and completely off the saw, takes about 10 seconds. The mounting tube is out of the way for anything I've ever had to cut but it can be rotated down if needed. I really like my Uniguard.

4. John,

I found getting overhead dust collection with the Uniguard difficult because the part that covers the blade is two pieces that move independently. That was the main reason I junked mine.

I now use the Penn State overhead guard, I think it's a little flimsy, not nearly as substantial as the Uniguard, but does a very good job at dust collection.

Quote Originally Posted by John Gornall View Post
    one turn of a knob and the arm on mine pulls out and completely off the saw, takes about 10 seconds. The mounting tube is out of the way for anything I've ever had to cut but it can be rotated down if needed. I really like my Uniguard.
    Mine too, not sure Im clear on this either.
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

It sounds like the only way to get dust collection on the unit is to change out the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clay View Post
    It sounds like the only way to get dust collection on the unit is to change out the hood.
    Correct. It's actually an interesting project if you want to tackle it, but it does require a little work due to the unique way that the UniGuard is constructed.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Here's my 'quick and dirty' vacuum attachment for the Unifence.....
    Attached Images Attached Images