Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Maple HF

Very nice Steve. First thing I thought of was an apple with a worm hole! well done.

I really like this piece. Very nice Steve and the choice of color is spot on.!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Where's The WORM???

The color looks very apple-like on my computer... Looks like there should be a worm coming out of that bark inclusion.
    Seriously _ I like this... I've started playing with color, but don't even have green - maybe I'll get some.
    Change One Thing

Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Bernie - just put about 1/4 teaspoon of RIT dye in a small plastic butter container and then added about 1/4 cup of DNA - stir - apply! No real science to it.
    Thanks Steve. Wasn't sure if you used water or DNA.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I love the form, love the wood, and the green, well it makes my mouth water for a green apple Jolly Rancher!

Beautiful piece Steve. Doesn't take much to go from a turning to art, which of course will bring a higher price. Well done.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

These just get better and better. I did like the cherry red one better (probably because of the color), but the big inclusion on this is really cool.

Beautiful piece Steve. The color really makes the piece stand out and the added figure in the wood enhances the overall look. Ain't this fun!

Marc Himes

Wonderful piece Steve, great form and finish, and the coloring is well done. Two thumbs up !
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

Couldn't get this piece off my mind. Saw a form Cody posted on the red cedar thread. Turned a similar one and then thought about your green apple. Decided to try my hand at dying. Will post if not disgusting.

Steve, that is so neat! Thanks for letting see this and telling us how you did it. I have seen pictures of scroll sawn work dyed with Rit but it looked like paint and never really gave it a second thought. Hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea, its just to good to pass up!

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    Juicy!! gave me an idea for later on... Thx.

Looks like on I did a year ago or so

Steve, This one reminds me of one a did a year or so ago, but mine was a bit taller and had a contrasting collar. Green is one of my favorite colors, because it relates to money!!! You have done your self proud again! Here is the one I did for your to remember.

Great work,

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Wow!! A matching pair. Both pieces are simply stunning. I'm a big fan of green too. Must be from having served in the Army for all those years. I think I like the Rit dye better than the SolarLux that I used. I might have to pick some up. Maybe I'll try purple.