Thread: New Sander in Workshop

New Sander in Workshop

This month I welcomed a new sander to my workshop. It's a 6x48 belt sander, benchtop model. The company which makes it is Meta International in Taiwan. This is the company's website page:

http://www.metainternational.com.tw/...sp?ind=5&id=48

This sander also comes in a model that includes a 12 inch disc along with the belt. I have a disc sander, so I didn't think I needed another one. I plan to use the sander for preparation of guitar necks, specifically the headstock and back of the neck.

This sander is sold in England by Axminster. Here is a photo of my sander. I didn't put all the guards on because they would obscure areas of the belt I plan to use. The belt can be positioned anywhere between vertical and horizontal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good on ya. Hope it does all you need.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

The motor is a beast!
    I play guitar but someday would like to learn how to make one (acoustic). Do you make acoustic or electrics?

Tom

Could not get on the website

Bill and Tom, thanks for responding. I was also surprised by the size of the motor. It's a 1 hp motor.

I build electric guitars. Been doing so for several years. I went through the guitar building and repair program at a technical college in Red Wing, Minnesota. Great small city.