Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

My wife and I attended my daughter's college graduation. She graduated with a Associate Degree with distinction,3.8 GPA, in Nursing. She is going back in the fall for her Bachelors, then on for a Masters. So we will have 3 college graduations just for her.(We also have 1 son in college and 1 son in high school) She will be taking the NCLEX (RN exam) in July and is studying constantly along with working. We are very proud of her and all she's accomplished so far.

Finished a rose wood domino box, and domino center pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I put the last coat of finish on a shaker side table for my new daughters room. Felt a little silly making a shaker style table from mahogany with a ribbon mahogany top, but this one was a quicky and was made from what ever I had laying around and whatever I could cull from the scrap bin at work. Seemed like cherry would have been more appropriate, but the budget was $0.00 and 6 hours, mahogany it was.

My wife had our daughter on Friday at 8:20 AM, 7# 3-oz, all are healthy, though my terrier has been very anxious, I think as a result of her sensing her place on the family food chain has just been bumped down one more rung! I was determined not to use a corregated box as a side table as I had done for the first year with my son. It took a friend to point out the irony when he said "Your a wood worker, you do this for a living, you are using a card board box as permanent furniture. At least put a finish on the box!" Its a little fussy looking for a little girls room to my eye, but it will hold supplies next to the rocking chair, and hopefully I'll have time to make something else before she goes to college.

Thumbs up

Congratulations to you and your wife Peter, and you will
    have lot's to make for her i'm sure.