Thread: Woodworking Mentor Has Passed

Woodworking Mentor Has Passed

The man who introduced me to the joys of woodworking passed away yesterday at 83. Mr. H.P. Smith was a gentleman woodworker. He was always ready with a quick story, and delighted in my enthusiasm for the craft he had known and loved for over 50 years. I will miss his knowledge, his friendship, his knowing eye and his steady hand. Mr. H.P.'s wife of almost 60 years went to be with the Lord last year. I am sure she was at the gates waiting for him to come home, and I am heartened to know they are together again.

I know I have the physical strength to be a pall bearer this Sunday for his funeral, but please pray for my spiritual strength, as I desperately need it.
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

Condolences

Waymon -

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend and mentor. From your post it is evident that he taught you much more than woodworking. Your selection as a pall bearer is a true honor. Do the man proud!

Mr. HP will visit you in your shop from time to time, just when you need the help the most. I say this from own experience. Solutions to a problems suddenly appear to me out of nowhere as I remember mentors of mine.

Ted
    Last edited by Ted Shrader; 08-13-2004 at 12:09 PM.