Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Whine Then a Question.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Going to Whine Then a Question.

I've been big time remuttleing the house, Been real busy with the company reorganization, on the road a lot.
    Now:
    1. I asked for painting and scraping help from family members for my Xmas and birthday presents. Been asking since April to get started. No Show from my Sibs! I still have the Xmas card stating unfaltering support
    2. Worked a deal with youngest (who can't find a job for the summer) to decorate and home project for me. Great benniesMy mistake! Big screen TV, High Speed internet for breaks, full fridge, flexible working hours. Occasional show for the last two months, but that hand is always out)
    3. Two weeks ago my X friend who I had a Quid Pro Quo arrangements for painting my interior, (she's into me for about a $$$ grand $$$ in bartered electrical and plumbing) decided she couldn't paint because her new boy friend (who is really important to her) wouldn't like it???? Great way to start of a new trusting relationship!
    4. A tree trimmer who I've been after since May to cut back my forest showed up yesterday unannounced. Per our agreement I would cut and dispose of all debris (some great hackberry and maple in the bunch.) City is coming today and will haul nicely bundled not to exceed 40 lbs branches.
    5. Did I mention I have out of town guests arriving tomorrow and new appliances arriving any minute???
    6. Now the Rub. My trusted 20 year old Bostich N60 15 gage finish nail gun (that I love, clean, lube and protect) did an internal melt down last night at 2: AM while I was trimming out my kitchen (TX for the help milling the molding). I'm looking for a rebuild kit ????.
    In the mean time are there any opinions on these three Nail guns??? Any other suggestions?????
    Yes I'm seriously considering a case of Chevis Regal on the rocks

De Walt D51275K

Bostich N62 FNK2

Hitachi NT65MA2
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 08-05-2004 at 12:08 PM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

the hitachi is solide as a rock

sorry to hear about your woes tyler, i have been there in similar situations. i dont ask any more and do it or have it done. ihave and use the hitachi for many jobs, it hasnt let me downa nd is contractor quality. i have seen them used by others and they stand up very well. hope this helped. and good luck and just relax it was just dream and it will go away when you wake up
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

Thanks Larry,

I'm glad I'm dreaming!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Which ever one will take the nails that you already have
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Tyler

Sorry to hear about your problems - been there done that got the bruises.

My advice is forget the nail gun - buy the scotch

I really can't help cause all I have is a PC framing gun & craftsman brad nailer - but everything I've read says all 3 are good guns - which color do you like best?
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Tyler, Tyler, Tyler...I know how you feel:

I had to tell the wife and kid that there was no running water within the house (only hose bib in front yard worked as did irrigation) when they just got off a plane from Germany!!

I did manage to get it back on...36 hours later....

Right now I am after my HVAC plumber to just freakin' show up at the house for 15 lousy minutes so we can chat...2 weeks+ working on that one.... The bad part is he is holding me up from doing further water plumbing and electrical plumbing that I need to get done already.

The worse part is the HVAC guy is doing me a favor by redoing my HVAC so I have no choice but to be patient....

Oh, get the Hitachi...great reputation they have for such items....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Uh Tyler Buddy

It looks to me from your littany of woes that you're gonna need to be a bit more of a "P" about these things. Either that, or become unavailable when the guilty parties need your help. Actually, as I think about it, maybe both choices are necessary at once. I know that I sure hate getting taken advantage of by friends or family. Perhaps we could send an annonymous emailed link refering the malefactors to this post.

As for the nail gun, as you might have guessed by my Neander habits, I'm definately NOT the guy to ask for advice. The only nail gun I own is .22 rimfire and used for concrete. Now if you're interested in picking hammers for various uses.....

Skip the Chivas, if you're gonna go for Scotch, a good single malt is the way to go. Then again, what does a wino like me know.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    1. Two weeks ago my X friend who I had a Quid Pro Quo arrangements for painting my interior, (she's into me for about a $$$ grand $$$ in bartered electrical and plumbing) decided she couldn't paint because her new boy friend ... wouldn't like it???? Great way to start of a new trusting relationship!
    I have to say that I can understand this issue. I know if I had a new gal in my life I sure as heck wouldn't want her hanging around a stud-muffin like you -- especially with paint fumes in the air!

Augie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    Sorry to hear about your problems - been there done that got the bruises.

My advice is forget the nail gun - buy the scotch

I really can't help cause all I have is a PC framing gun & craftsman brad nailer - but everything I've read says all 3 are good guns - which color do you like best?
    hey tom how is the arm? i hope it doing well and i enjoyed chattin with you at the picnic. hope do that agin sometime
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

I bought a refurb N62FNK off of ebay last year. Got a great price and for my use (trimed our downstairs), a great tool. No oil, weighs just a bit more than my PC brad nailer and I can't complain about how it works. I really like the DeWalts, but the price kept me to the Bostitch. One negative is that the nails only come in boxes of 5000 (I bought a "case" of 2" nails, when a friend borrowed the gun and "only needed what was in the magazine" it came home with another "case" of 2" nails - anyone need any?) BTW, I've read that while the Hitachis are bullet proof, they are much more geared to the pros, not nearly as user friendly.
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Hear ya on the buddies and family never showing.
    Out of four sons, two are not around much, the other two, well,----
    My saying is, wish in one hand, spit in the other and do it yourself after you have asked or mentioned something 3-4 times.
    Ol Dad's usually always there, loans, bank notes, loan trailer, extra vehicle, etc. But my favors hardly ever get returned. One of these days, I will say, no way hosea.

As for your nail gun purchase, theres lots of favorites out there. As above, go with something that will fit your present nails if you have 40,000 of them lying around. lol
    I am a PC fan myself, had awful good luck with them.
    Steve

Steve,

I'd like to think what goes around comes around. Perhaps your sons will be in your boat when their kids do to them what they are doing to you! Now, did you do the same thing to your Dad???

You know what they say, Tyler, when the going gets tough, the tough get going....fishing.

Now the fish down here go for for Irish, especially Bushmills or Jamesons, but I suspect those northerly species will hit on Chivas.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus B Frise
    I have to say that I can understand this issue. I know if I had a new gal in my life I sure as heck wouldn't want her hanging around a stud-muffin like you -- especially with paint fumes in the air!

Augie
    Hey Augie, LMAORAOTF

I'm waking from this bad dream! Since the original post this morning.
    I found my rebuild kit for the N60
    Guests are sick! staying home.
    Got my last bundle of tree limbs out for the city just as they arrived
    Some nice pieces of maple and hackberry sealed and stacked for drying
    The queen "B" got dropped on her a$$ by Mr wonderful .
    I learned how to spell Chivas.
    The kid is my doing! I trained her! I'll take the hit and keep trying.

Still may have to invest in a new toyl. I hate O rings.
    Thanks all for your help and support.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    I hate O rings.
    What?? They're great...assuming you have the right size and you didn't over tighten and shred them....