Thread: Small Plunge Router, which one?

Small Plunge Router, which one?

I have been looking at the micro fence plunge base with a Bosch Colt or an OF1010 festool router. I don't have any other festool accessories such as rails and I don't intend to get any either except for the edge trimming accessories. My only other handheld router is a PC690 multi-base kit.

The festool router can take 1/4" and 8mm bits, while the Bosch only takes 1/4" bits. The colt can be removed from the plunge base and used with it's other auxilliary bases. Dust collection should be good with both routers. I have heard that the festool has bit visibility issues. The festool has accessories that allow for it to be used in a horizontal orientation.

Has anybody else gone through this comparison? If you own these routers, what do you think?

Mike

Mike, I made my own version of the Micro Fence plunge base for my Bosch Colt and I can tell you that it is a sweet setup. The Bosch Colt is a great little router on its own.

I haven't used the Festool.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Mike, I made my own version of the Micro Fence plunge base for my Bosch Colt and I can tell you that it is a sweet setup.
    Any photos Bruce?
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pedisich View Post
    Okay, I just checked it out. W-O-W !!!!
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

I own the Micro Fence Plunge Base for the Bosch Colt. It is a great combination and I only wish I had the fence as well.

Glen, I recognize that W-O-W !!!
    It's exactly what I said when I saw the plunge base that Bruce made
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-23-2009 at 1:09 AM.

Bruce,

I saw your thread about making the plunge base. I was very impressed. WOW sums it up.

Keith,
    I just recently bought the edge guide, but I haven't used it yet since I don't have right mounting bar.

Mike