Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK all you Festool aficionados..

OK all you Festool aficionados..

I just ordered the ETS 150/3 EQ and a bunch of disks from Uncle Bob Marino. I hope it’s as good as you say ‘cause it sure ain’t cheap!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

You'll be walking around the shop looking for things to sand.

Submitted for your approval. One talented woodworker and machinist who has recently placed his first "green and black" tool order. Returning to his shop, as he places one foot in front of the other, he unwittingly is about to slip. His slip will soon transform itself into a tumble....a tumble that will take him down the slippery slope into ....bum, bum, bum.....The Festool Zone.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

The beauty of it is that if you aren't totally satisfied, you can send it back in 30 days. I hope you enjoy your new sander at least as much as I enjoy mine, but if not, no problem!

Regards,

John
    What this world needs is a good retreat.
    --Captain Beefheart

Thanks guys, you're making me feel better already!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That's a good one - you won't be disappointed.
    JR

I figure that would cost me $5k

I'm not touching that stuff. One order will lead to another and pretty soon you have a stack of the boxes, nice tools and a divorce.

Sounds like fun, but I'm not listening - fingers in ears - la-la-la-la.

Have fun. FYI - there are things to sand at my house, come give me a demo.

I bought the 150/3 last week, brought it home and showed the wife who has never touched one of my tools in 30 years. She wanted me to show her how it it works and promptly informed me she was taking it. She and her sisters are going to sand and paint some cabinets this weekend. I'm really worried about my new tools staying out all night but maybe she will decide she needs a few more festools so it may work out all right.

According to my calculations, it adds up:

ETS150/3 + Bob Marino = Happy woodworker

Hello,
    Festool makes a quality product, no doubt about it.

My TS55EQ is simply a pleasure to use as it removes the drudgery out of breaking down sheet goods.
    As soon as my DeWalt ROS bites the big one, I'll replace it w/a Festool sander.

Let's face it, some aspects of WW'ing are,,well,,less enjoyable than others.
    Anything that can improve on that aspect is worth the price .
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Geez! Bruce has lost the battle and has been sucked into the Festool Zone
    Anyone could be next.............

I'd like to see a pic of your decoder ring and a demonstration of the secret handshake!
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

The sanders, without question, are as good as they (we) say.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I just ordered the ETS 150/3 EQ and a bunch of disks from Uncle Bob Marino. I hope it’s as good as you say ‘cause it sure ain’t cheap!

It is a good sander but be aware it is not very aggressive. That said, it is the best that I have owned. Clifford.

Good point.

If you need a sander that can do either aggressive or finish sanding, get the ROTEX.

If you need an aggressive "palm"-type sander, you might be better off with the new Porter Cable sander, or one of the older DeWalts.

The 5" Festool palm sander is not aggressive -- even with coarse paper. I only use it for finish sanding small areas or scuffing in between coats of paint or finish.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Mescher View Post
    It is a good sander but be aware it is not very aggressive. That said, it is the best that I have owned. Clifford.