Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK all you Festool aficionados..

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Mescher View Post
    It is a good sander but be aware it is not very aggressive. That said, it is the best that I have owned. Clifford.
    Clifford, Jason, I bought it with the sole intension of using it for finish sanding ONLY. I have two PC 333’s and a PC 505 for aggressive sanding.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Clifford, Jason, I bought it with the sole intension of using it for finish sanding ONLY. I have two PC 333’s and a PC 505 for aggressive sanding.
    Understood. Just giving the old "heads-up" Of all the "finish sanders" that I have used, it is probably the least aggressive. I love the dust collection. Clifford.

You made the right choice, then.

Let me know how you like it. It's about the only Festool sander I don't own at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post

Pre-gloat, eh? You'd better post pics or I'm yanking this thread!!!

Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    No problem, I’ll post pics as soon as I get the vacuum adapter made for it.
    It’s funny, I asked a couple of questions about it on Bob’s website yesterday morning and it wasn’t 5 minutes later when he called me on the phone to answer them. If he ships as fast, I should have it next week.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bob M. is always there when you need him, he always works hard to make something happen.
    And when I think that I'm just one of his many customers, I am amazed he can get it all done. But he does.

Bruce,

I live in Phoenix and have bought a bunch of stuff from Bob. He ships next business day at the latest. UPS Ground takes 3 to 5 business days from his shipper in Ohio. Might be a day faster to NM.

You'll love it.

Jim

It’s funny, I asked a couple of questions about it on Bob’s website yesterday morning and it wasn’t 5 minutes later when he called me on the phone to answer them. If he ships as fast, I should have it next week.

You'll be a "smooth operator" as soon as that fine sander arrives! Congrats. One of my favorite Festool tools, in fact. Probably the most used other than my Festool Drill/Driver
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    You'll be a "smooth operator" as soon as that fine sander arrives! Congrats. One of my favorite Festool tools, in fact. Probably the most used other than my Festool Drill/Driver

+1. You're going to love it. I've used mine for upwards of an hour and never experienced the "numb / tingly hand" feeling.

Blog Entries
    Don't forget to collect the whole set ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

11. I don't have the ETS 150/3 EQ, but based on my experience using my Rotex I think you'll be happy with your new sander.

I actually don't mind sanding now. Very cool.

I just ordered the ETS 150/3 EQ and a bunch of disks from Uncle Bob Marino. I hope it’s as good as you say ‘cause it sure ain’t cheap!

You won't regret it.

I have the same sander. I think my variable speed switch is going out though.
    But I've had it about 5 years now.

You might want to invest in a vacuum with suction control if you don't already have one. Festool sanders sometimes will "stick" to a workpiece if the suction is too high. This seems to happen more with the higher grits, though.

Jason

Bruce,

Next step....... Rotex.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence