Thread: Mesquite Gloat

Mesquite Gloat

I got a special "haul" of wood yesterday and can't help but gloat. Mesquite is my favorite turning wood. The large log is 14" dia. x 4' long. I am anxious to cut int the burl log in front.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

nice gloat, I haven't turned any mesquite but from the pictures I've seen it's great stuff, especially if you have a burl.

Keith - congrats on the wood! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Kieth it looks like you are set for a while with some great wood. That crotch piece should be real interesting. Good luck.

Marc Himes

Best thing about mesquite is to save ALL the scaps., it makes a hot but very good BBQ wood. Can look real good too.
    Rich S.

Keith great gloat. Mesquite is my favorite wood next to walnut. That should make some pretty turnings.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Keith,
    When I first saw the pic, prior to reading I thought the "Good Wood Fairy" must've dropped by your house. Seeing the wood setting on the front porch in front of the door. Nice haul!! Mesquite is one of the best woods to work that's for sure. I had a few pieces a couple years ago and made several small HF's for Christmas presents. My sister ask me all the time to make her another one. I've got a couple pieces still stashed somewhere in the shop. I'm anxious to see what turns up inside that burl you have too. I've never seen mesquite burl except after it's turned. Snap a pic when you cut it please.