Thread: Garage sale finds.

Garage sale finds.

I went to a garage sale yesterday to pick up an old DeWalt MBF radial arm saw. I was the first one there and got the saw. To be honest I think the only way someone could have beaten me there would have been to spend the night with the people having the sale. So I got this for $50.00.

Then I spotted a small table with casters on it. It had a small portable air compressor on the bottom. I didn't really need an air compressor so I asked the lady if she would take $15.00 for the table. I told her I would remove the air compressor. The table has 5" casters on it. Two stationary and two swivel.

Oops, I forgot to mention that this was on one end of the table.

It's a Wilton 10" vise (not a quick release).

I think I did o.k.

Steve

Wow, nice score. All I ever find at garage sales are broken toys and polyester clothing.

Nice find

In looking at the end grain of the table, it appears that it is antique long leaf pine due to the closely spaced growth rings.

Yeah Id say you did way good!! That vise is worth what you paid. Are you planning on a total restore on the saw or just get it up and working??
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Hi Jim,

I'm planning a total restoration. The saw actually runs well. It had a horrible table on it so I removed that before taking the picture. The original brackets/clamps were there but are not pictured.

Thanks,

Steve

I have the same saw, and it is my only RAS. The 9" blades are difficult to find, but I did finally find a Systematic blade at a sharpener that works great.
    The saw is quite precise, but will not rip 2x4s all day.
    Wolfe Machinery sells parts; their prices well express their reluctance to part with them.
    I can send you a copy of the owners manual if you need one.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Melton View Post
    I have the same saw, and it is my only RAS. The 9" blades are difficult to find, but I did finally find a Systematic blade at a sharpener that works great.
    The saw is quite precise, but will not rip 2x4s all day.
    Wolfe Machinery sells parts; their prices well express their reluctance to part with them.
    I can send you a copy of the owners manual if you need one.
    Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the information. I would like to get a copy of the owners manual. I'll PM you my information.

Thanks,

Steve