Thread: Grizzly G0513 Bandsaw Blade

Grizzly G0513 Bandsaw Blade

Hello,

What be your opinion on a blade for the Grizzly G0513 that would be used for everything? All work would be on dry woods. I have read a number of posts which lean towards the Lenox possibly something like the 3/8" with 3-4 VP. Or is it wiser to buy one general purpose blade and another for resawing if I were to grow the money tree in the backyard?

Any thoughts.

I don't think I can totally answer your question. You may use your G0513 differently than I do. My suggestion is to buy a variety of Timberwolf blades and see which ones get the most use. Once you determine the most used, upgrade to carbide. I think I got 4 blades for under $50 at the ww show last year (1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4).
    My personal experience with my G0513 is that I use either a 3/4" for resawing or a thin (1/4" I think) blade the majority of the time. I'm usually too lazy to change to something in between. I do keep a small supply of cheap 1/2" fine tooth blades for cutting aluminum, MDF, etc. I think over time I'll probably buy the 3/8" and 1" carbide blades.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Grizzly G0513 Bandsaw Blade

Kabek,

I agree with Jay.

What size blade does your Grizzly take? A lot of times you can get new blades from people that upgraded their standand unit to do resawing, i.e., 93-1/2 to 105". I know that I have some new bi-metal 93-1/2" blades that I can't uses because I upgraded.

Regards, Joe
    Two weeks, your project will be done in two weeks!!! (From the Money Pit)

Iturra sells the Lennox cabides in 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4". While expensive initially, they can last a very long time...sometimes years...as compared to literally hours for most steel blades, including Timberwolf, Olson, Lennox, etc. The only thing I wouldn't recomment the carbide tipped blades for is wet wood for turning...the 1/2" Timberwolf AS is about the best thing for that purpose. If you don't want to go for a carbide, than I'll second the motion on the Timberwolf blades direct from Suffolk Machinery. (Buying direct will save you close to half the retail packaged price you'll find in woodworking stores for blades made from the same blade stock.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...