Thread: Powermatic Artisian Planer

1. Powermatic Artisian Planer

I have an oppertunity to purchase a powermatic 15 inch artisian thickness planer for $600. I have tried to find a description of this machine. I was told it was aprox. 10 years old. Is this a good machine in general? Thanks for all your help.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    If the “Artisian” is the same as the PM15 then yes, it’s a pretty good machine and that's a pretty good price. I have a ~10 year old PM15 and it has been trouble free.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Don know nuthin 'bout that machine but. words like "professional" shore do scare the beegeeebus outta me. Artisan do too.

There's sumpin wrong about a company abusing the language to try and put on airs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Shay View Post
    I have an oppertunity to purchase a powermatic 15 inch artisian thickness planer for $600. I have tried to find a description of this machine. I was told it was aprox. 10 years old. Is this a good machine in general? Thanks for all your help.
    Back in the 90's when companies didn't try to blur what was made where, Artisan in Powermatic speak, meant not made in the USA. All kinds of things in their catalogue ended in "A" meaning Asian.

David.

Does Powermatic make anything in the USA anymore?

Much of the stuff sold by Powermatic seems to be available from General as well. Seems they have just become an importer of machinery.

6. Thank you for you help. I have found the Atrisian model in a contractor style table saw, but cannot find a planer.