Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosch 1617 died yesterday...

I assume that was a joke, but those of you wondering, if the switch is clean you will never have smoke.

Call Bosch customer service and they will mail it to you for free.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    Its the switch. Its the switch. Its the switch. Blowing it out won't help, you need to take the switch out, take the switch itself apart an blow out the dust. Its a plug in type that snaps together in two pieces, don't lose the little spring inside. I'm so quick at doing this now its like watching an Indy pit crew. You need a torx driver, forget which size, to take off the blue plastic cover, not really too complicated. The motor pulls in super fine dust through the switch that grounds out the switch, might be a bit intermittent at first, but sooner or later it will plug solid and won't go at all. Even worse in a table.

I keep reading about a sealed switch. Bosch will supply them free? Anybody know who to call or how to get one of those sealed switches? Much as I like pulling apart my 1617 (or the ones at work) on the fly for a clean out, I would prefer never to do it again.