Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jigsaws -- Bosch vs Festool

I know this is a bosch vs festool thing, but just to throw one other good option out there, I've got the milwaukee 6268-21 (d handle). It's nearly vibration free, accepts the t-shank blades, and has excellent guides. It's got a blower and led light, so I've never had any trouble following a cut line with it. My last jigsaw (still have it), was a $30 skil that couldn't make a straight cut for anything. I kept it for using on stuff I wouldn't want to subject the milwaukee to, but the upgrade was more than worth it.

Does anyone know if the Collins Coping Foot will fit on a Trion?

OK -- so I bought a Bosch with the barrel grip.

I tried doing a test cut with one of the fancy-pants 308B (I think) blades with the "precision control" engaged. It pulled very hard to the left, and when I looked at the blade, the precision control had taken a gouge out of one side.

What did I do wrong? The manual indicates that the ZCI only works with certain blades, but didn't say anything about the precision control. The blade seemed to have been properly set into the saw.

Everyone has their own preferences though I feel as though Bosch has made the "industry standard" jigsaw for quite some time.

I started with an old Black and decker Jigsaw, then got a Bosch 80's model with D-handle. That thing won't die. (though I will let it go for $20 if I find a buyer, heh)

Just a week ago I springed for a new 1590 EVSK and it's definitely a keeper. It's heavier than the other jigsaws I have, but that translates to less vibration which is nice.

I know one professional contractor who told me not to get the Hilti or the Festool jigsaw but to get the Bosch, (even if cost was no object). His reasoning was that he's used them both professionally and for line of contracting, the Bosch just "feels" better.

A jigsaw was the first power tool I purchased (in High school) and I used it for metal, plastics, and wood. It's one of my favorite tools and I still reach for it quite often instead of grabbing a hand saw.