Thread: harbor freight 28° framing nailer

harbor freight 28° framing nailer

i bought a 28° framing nailer at harbor freight the other day to help with our bedroom remodel. Im very pleased with it it has worked flawlessly so far and the best part is I got it on sale + i had a 20% coupon so it only cost me $55

i looked at all the other brands before buying this one and just couldnt find anything the others had that was worth the extra $200-400

maybe if you were using it all day everyday it would make a difference but for limited hobby use i think its a real bargin

oh yeah HF also offers a replacement warranty that will replace the nailer for any reason even wear and tear for a year for $6 and 2 years for $10

basically if i drop this thing off a roof a year from now they will replace it for free
    If you don't make mistakes, you don't learn.

-- Sam Maloof

Yeah, I use their (HF) 18-gauge brad nailer. I like it better then my Porter Cable 18-gauge so I traded the Porter Cable gun for some work. I got my HF nailer on sale for $13.00! I've replaced it once for free when the loading mechanism fragged on me. The replacement gun has been working fine now for the past couple of years. I am planning on purchasing a wide crown stapler from them next. They do have some decent stuff you just gotta be lucky or careful, I'm not really sure which.
    Last edited by Nick Abbott; 05-30-2009 at 6:12 PM.

yeah i actually have the 20 gauge 1/2" crown stapler, 18 gauge brad nailer/stapler, 23 gauge pin nailer and 16 gauge finish nailer as well all have been great. ive fired more then 5000 staples through the 20 gauge stapler without a misfire. not bad for $12
    If you don't make mistakes, you don't learn.

-- Sam Maloof

Blog Entries
    I've had some HF stuff that's been duds, but the nailers seem to work fine. I have the 23 pin, the 18 gauge brad (works as well as my PC) and a 15 ga finish nailer. The latter doesn't owe me anything because I've used it hard for a number of years. I also have a 4 1/2 angle grider that just won't quit working after 10 years so that I can justify replacing it with a different (bigger) one.

Add to that list a dust collector, Pittsburg tools and some air stuff and I'm happy overall. That said, I needed a hole saw for something and it didn't make it past the first hole. Sandpaper is at best, poor and two different hammer came loose after a single use. There is also no comparision between my Makita biscuit jointer and a friends HF so I'll stick with name brand for power and stationary tools but they are only a mile away - I get there allot.

Hello,
    Glad to hear someone had a good experience w/the HF 28* nailer.
    Mine was one of the biggest wastes of $79.00 I ever spent.
    A real POS.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Here is a gloat...I picked up a Stanley-Bostitch N80SB-1 28 degree framing nailer from a buddy for $20, gently used with a bit of surface rust on the black oxided parts.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

Those of you with the HF 23ga pin nailer; does it countersink the pin? I have used a senco pinner that left the pins above or flush with the surface and it would destroy sand paper...