Thread: Delta DJ-20 Dust collection question

Delta DJ-20 Dust collection question

I have recently purchased a DJ-20 (which so far as been awesome compared to my dad's 6" busy bee). It didn't come with a dust collection hood so I purchased Delta's plastic cover. I coudn't see any good way to attach it, so I placed it over the chute and taped the outside edges using my ducting tape (it isn't duct tape, more of a metal foil tape, works great on metal ducting), but it doesn't hold for very long.

My next idea is to drill some holes and bolt it in place, but am having second thoughts about drilling holes into the stand. Anyone have any other ideas? Or should I just drill some holes.

In case you aren't familiar with it, the jointer has a metal chute which opens up on the end, a square hole on the flat surface. Delta's hood is a square flat piece of plastic on one side and a 4 inch tube sticking out of the other in order to attach the hose to.

Thanks for any help,
    Bret Champoux
    Victoria, BC, Canada

I used the Delta 5" metal duct connector for my DJ-20, but you just drill 4 holes in the base and attach the connector with sheet metal screws. If you're the anal type, put a bead of silicon caulk around the edge (underneath so you can't see it) before you screw down the connector.

Yep, what Rob said. The rest of my system is 6" metal duct and I have a permanent place for my DJ-20, so I just made my own 6" collector port, attached to piece of ply, silicone and screw it into the base. Works great! Have no fear of drilling into the base...Nothing there to damage. If your DC system can handle more than 4", I'd recommend it, as the jointer even keeps my cyclone busy!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!