Thread: How to Make Infill Plane Lever Cap Screws

How to Make Infill Plane Lever Cap Screws

Hi All,
    I have not been around al lot as I have not been feeling to well..

I had a been asked by a few members like Raney to make a how to so ere is a link to a picturial who to.. I hope to add text at some point...

http://home.comcast.net/~stardawg/photos/

Please do not link or post this at other website please..
    This is for your eyes only

I am hoping at some point to get over depression and make some extra money in my retirement and I dont what to train the world with my experience

I also have some .Mov movie files I what to post at some point but they are very large files.. One Mov is 758 MBs a week of downloading for a dial connection...
    aka rarebear - Hand Planes 101 - RexMill - The Resource

Thanks, Johnny. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Now, if I only had a metalworking lathe to do that.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Hope you're feeling better. You are a valuable asset to the woodworking community. I've visited your site often, and really enjoy it and find it useful.

Those screws look familiar

Johnny,

Those screws look awfully familiar, I believe I've seen those somewhere before. (grin)

Ron Brese
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Johnny,

Thanks for posting these. I've always wondered how you make them. Next time I visit Ron, I'd love to stop and say hi! Keep up the beautiful work!
    BENCHCRAFTED.COM

OK,
    I did my first YOUTUBE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqyTw065mpI

This was a super huge file but youtube converted it to a small file..

I have planes to do another view and zoomed in more on the next as it is hard to see some of the movements...

Thanks for posting Johnny, and ditto on the good wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Ken

Here is a pic of the finished screws..
    This batch is off to Ron..

303 Stainless Steel and Naval Brass..

I'll post another video when I get a better format and another viewing angle...

Enjoy....

Go back and look at the infill planes I posted before. the more correct thread form was a type of acme style thread. I make them on my metal lathe,and also turn out taps for them,and harden them.

You can make these screws very beautiful and decorative,as you will see if you look up my posts.

I use Acme threads for the screws I make for Brian Buckner...

These screws only have a 5/16" thread and my smallest acme tap I own is a 3/8-10 but I make screws as the the buyer wishes..

All of my acme taps I have bought at ebay and I dont think I have paid over $20, one size was for a set of three 1/2-10 taps, I have 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" and 1" all where under $20 some where only $5.00 and most are like or brand new execpt for the 1" which is well used..

I have seen some of your work George and it looks very nice...

Here is the thread with pics of my acme screws
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...=brian+buckner

Enjoy...
    Last edited by Johnny Kleso; 06-08-2009 at 3:32 AM.

11. Johnny,

This is fantastic stuff - especially the video. Thanks so much for putting this together.

I hope you're feeling better and back up to full speed soon. I really don't want to make these myself

Raney