Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM 8" jointer ?

PM 8" jointer ?

Hi,

I got a chance, no idea if it's gone yet, to get a 8" PM jointer, see picture. No info on it other than price is $450 and that it has a new 120/220v Leeson single phase motor. Currently configured to run 220V.

Any one know if this is worth investing in ? I do like the 8" width, and 120V, but I'm not familiar with older PM jointers nor the motor name.

Thanks
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    If I'm not mistaken, that's American Iron. Should be a great tool for decades to come with a new motor.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

That is a very good price on that jointer. It looks to be in very good condition.

That's a great joiner at a very fair price. I sold my old green PM 8" joiner for $450, and that was a very cheap price for what that machine could do. (It had a Baldor 220V motor)

Todd

I drooled over one of those for years. That is an excellent price for an excellent jointer in my opinion. The fence was much superior to a DJ-20 as it had heavier support andvery litle flex.

That's a good price on a great jointer. Go for it!
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Thanks for all the comments. I e-mailed the seller earlier so now we have to wait.

Michael

Pm

You will be lucky if its not sold yet.Usually they run 600+,it being the gold series here in Houston there is one on the bay for 800 of the same vintage.I wish I would have found Todds,450 is well worth it!!Carroll

I do not advise buying a new one made in Asia by that name. Our millwork shop bought one.The tables were not parallel with each other by a very significant amount,like 1/8" out of parallel. Other than stacking it full of shims to fall out,not a lot could be done about it.

Just got the reply that it already sold. Bummer. Guess I'll keep looking.

Is there other 8" jointers out there that runs 120V ?

Michael

Sorry to hear that. Anyway, when did Powermatic switch from the green paint to the gold paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Griffith View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Anyway, when did Powermatic switch from the green paint to the gold paint?
    I believe it was 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wildt View Post
    Hi,

I got a chance, no idea if it's gone yet, to get a 8" PM jointer, see picture. No info on it other than price is $450 and that it has a new 120/220v Leeson single phase motor. Currently configured to run 220V.

Any one know if this is worth investing in ? I do like the 8" width, and 120V, but I'm not familiar with older PM jointers nor the motor name.

Thanks
    Michael
    Very good price on a great jointer. I sold the one I bought new in 1990. Sold the first day for $750.

Found a different 8" jointer - Grizzly G1018HW

Hi,

CL has another 8" jointer, a G1018HW for $400. I'm not that familiar with Grizzly other than what I have read on this forum. Any comments on this model ? is it a fair price if the machine has been well kept ?

Thanks
    Michael

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World
    I gave $400.00 for mine, only difference is the one you are looking at has hand wheels. If it's in good shape go get it................................................ ......... if it's still there.

JEFF