Thread: ETS 150/3 - Sweet!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

ETS 150/3 - Sweet!

I received my ETS 150/3 yesterday from Bob Marino. I haven’t had a chance to make any dust with it yet – I have to make the vacuum adapter for it this weekend. I can say that compared to my PC sanders, it is exceptionally smooth and quiet. I think I’m going to like it.

What’s a systainer worth? This one will be going into the attic…

Requisite pic included.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Congrats. I love that sander.

Congrats!

You'll be able to sell that systainer for $40 to$50 either here or on the FOG (festool owner's group) !
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

Bruce, you're gonna love that thing. I picked up a used one a couple of months ago to compliment the Rotex and it is my go to sander.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A recommendation - keep the systainer. You can use it to store the sandpaper you will soon be collecting. Congrats on buying a superb tool.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Nothin' like a little added temptation to my already overwhelming desire to own one of these

Congrats Bruce, but I will expect a detailed post after some dust is created!

You'll love it dust collection is awesome on it. I use mind all the time. One hint if you are not using a vacuum with out speed control you will need some way to control the suction. Maybe a little hole in the adapter. It is so efficant moving air under the pad it will suck it self down to the wood making it tuffer to glide and traping more dust inthe paper.

Enjoy it is a great sander.
    -=Jason=-

Here is the thing, Bruce; you will not be making dust with it! The dust collection is almost dust free (at least with the Festool vac). I like planning and I have a natural aversion to sanding but this little sander is something. You almost want to sand. No more dust colored hair and not being able to feel your fingers from vibration! One note of change in work habits. If you are using Festool sandpaper and high speed it is an aggressive little sander. You can sand right through veneer. It will cut your sanding time dramatically! Congratulations! You are well on the way to being another annoying Festool addict.

George
    "Do what you like, like what you do!"