Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My sad little gloat ........

Robert, do heal quickly so you can get back to making things round again. Nice score!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    .... I'd rather turn than burn.
    Wow I see a bumper sticker..........!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Don't push it to fast on the recovery Robert. And congrats on the wood gloat!!

Thanks for the knee sympathy. Had a 'scope, another 'scope, a total knee replacement, and then a "foreign body removal" last week. Turned out to be two undissolved stitches connected by scar tissue. I have so many scars that the surgeon just went through the same one again. Maybe he should install a zipper? Should be the last thing for the knee though and then on to unlimited mesquite wood turning!

Good news!
    Richard in Wimberley

I've had three scopes myself. Next step is knee replacement. My doctor keeps saying but your only 28......well, my knees see it differently. Best of luck for a speedy recovery. Just remember to keep going to PT no matter what! Oh, and send me some of that mesquite :-)

Nice haul, and I hope you're able to get after it soon.

If I had a lathe, and a clue right after Ike came through, I could have snatched more Mesquite than you could shake several sticks at...

Sorry to irritate some folks here, but... I do both with Mesquite, turn AND burn... Both are creative... One just tastes better than the other, and the other lasts longer than the one...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    Sorry to irritate some folks here, but... I do both with Mesquite, turn AND burn...

I agree with you. I am still trying to figure out a way so that the wood chips fly straight off the blank and into the smoker. It would sure save on clean up, plus I always feel kind of bad sweeping up the floor and cooking with the sweepings!