Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday June 5, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Another week has come and gone. We've had a pretty good week weather wise. Hasn't been too warm nor too cold. Today will continue that trend before we have some needed rain for Saturday. I'll be getting out on the links today and see if I can whack that little white ball around again.

The rest of the weekend is up in the air right now. We were going to try and clean out the storage unit and get rid of stuff. And maybe even get rid of the storage unit, but the aforementioned rain may put a damper on those plans. If so, maybe I'll get in the shop and start the preliminary plans for the next project. We'll see.

How's the plans for your neck of the woods? Fun, games, family? Whatever it might be, make it a good weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

My weekend is going to stink, kind of. The delivery company is dropping off my new Jet Mini today (Birthday present from LOML), and I have to finish (still have to start one of them) 2 75" X 45" display cabinets before I can even take it out of the box!

Hanover NH or Jensen Beach FL or somewhere in between
    Wood chuck(s) got under the garden fence Wednesday night. I'll be replanting and fixing the fence.

...and cleaning the 20 gauge at some point I hope!

Old, fat guy on the set of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" October '09

Hello,
    The grandson, who's been staying with us while his dad - aka Sgt. Stupid - is going away for the weekend to vist some friends...

My wife and I get to play "Little Bo Peep"...
    ( I just hope she doesn't make me carry that dumb crook around this time!)

Ok - just kidding to see who reads the whole thread.
    Well, halfway kidding anyhow - the grandson is going away for the weekend & we will be having some (much needed) alone time.
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 06-05-2009 at 7:34 AM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

#1 priority is lawn mowing. Should have done it 2 days ago. Some shop time is in the plans. And a kitchen design session at my parents with the goal being final design plans so I can calculate and order materials. What have I gotten myself into????

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    If it quits raining long enough... gotta build this set for my 19-month old son.... (Picked up all the lumber yesterday)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Well I will be out in the shop today, cleaning it up and getting ready for the next project. As I write this, I determined it will be another set of patio furniture. Looking on and hopefully assisting somewhat if only in benefit of my sanity, will be our newest member of the family, Aegis.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if ya ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes...

I will be out in my shop (garage) tonight and tomorrow working on my coffee and end tables. I am hoping to get the coffee table substantially completed by the end of the weekend and will have some pictures to post.

Well, I'm going to attempt to finish the speaker install in the van without another trip to the ER. Might work on the spare lawn tractor to see if it will run, though without a mower deck, I'm not sure why. Maybe someone would want it for a few bucks. I had hoped the deck off my other one would fit since they are both Craftsman units, but they are totally different mounts.
    May not be able to do any of it with my pinky wrapped up. Guess I'll try and stop if it hurts too much. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Nate,
    Get yourself one of them large critter traps and stock it with some cabbage and carrots, then put the trap in an area where you know they hang out. I transport them to the forest and let them go but I've heard that they are good to eat if you are so inclined..
    David B

Equestrian activities, weeding and planting and, if it dries enough, mowing the lawn late on Sunday.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...