Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craigslist deal - Gloat worthy????

Craigslist deal - Gloat worthy????

One of my favorite threads is everyone's bargain gloats... so here's mine.

I have a CL monitor on my Google homepage set to my location and "tools". "Table saw - $150" - so I click. post time was 12 minutes prior to click. I must have timed it about perfect. Now I already have a table saw but after seeing this I debated for 22 seconds before calling.

After arranging to pick it up after work, I had to figure out what to tell the wife. I'm already in the red in my tool fund but this is a killer deal. Don't really "need" another table saw but this one is so much better than my existing one. I figure I can turn it for a quick profit if I decide not to keep it.

So, here is my $150 CL gloat...
    DSCF0004.jpg

And here is the blade that was in my new $150 saw...
    DSCF0007.jpg

here is my existing saw...
    DSCF0008.jpg

Spent about 4 hours cleaning up the new saw... was a mess. Runs terrific but I am afraid to run a board through it because I may not be able to let it go. So what should I do... sell it or keep it? The old saw should go back to dad (it is his after all) so selling that one is not really in the cards. I suppose I could just sell some other stuff that I no longer use (all my older RC stuff).

So???? Good gloat or what?!? Can I get a "you suck"!?!?

Jon

one word... lucky

$150 for what looks to be a good condition TS3650? Maybe a you suck is in order if you decide to keep it Heck, its worth more than $150 with NO blade.

Id keep it.

Great find Jon, I also have a 3650, run a board through it you'll be very happy and your Dad will get his saw back

saw

That saw is an excellent saw. It sells for about 450.00 new and that one can't be very old because they just came out in the last 10 months.
    Go to the website for that type saw and you can read a lot about it and how to set it up.
    I have the 3650 which is a little older bu I like it very much.

great deal well gloat worthy, is that the granite top version

That is a good deal. I love Craig's list. Picked up the ridgid jointer for $100 last summer
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

Jon,

If my wife sees this post you'll get a "you suck"! She bought me a TS3650 and paid a bunch more than $150 for it.

Mine works well for a contractor's saw.

Congrats!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

It's the 3650... cast top (alittle stained but not too bad now). Every time I look at it I like it more and more. Thinking I have to keep it.

Tell me more about the CL monitor you are using.

No question about it. Your dad should get his saw back. The TS3650 is a sweet saw at full retail. For $150, you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Groff View Post
    Tell me more about the CL monitor you are using.
    Seconded.

Hello,
    You suck..

Not really, you just happened into a sweet deal is all.
    Personally, as the owner of two table saws - one of which is that same Ridgid - I'd suggest keeping both provided you have the room.

Set one up for ripping and the other for dadoing or crosscutting.

Mono-tool users generally scoff at the idea of running mulitiples & dismiss it as a luxury or something geared towards production.
    While it's true that it can be both of those, the time saved for setup - if the price is right for the tools - is significant.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World

KEEP IT

JEFF

KEEP IT!

There's not a day that goes by that I don't regret selling my RIDGID. Wonderful machine!!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Prouty View Post
    One of my favorite threads is everyone's bargain gloats... so here's mine.

I have a CL monitor on my Google homepage set to my location and "tools". "Table saw - $150" - so I click. post time was 12 minutes prior to click. I must have timed it about perfect. Now I already have a table saw but after seeing this I debated for 22 seconds before calling.

After arranging to pick it up after work, I had to figure out what to tell the wife. I'm already in the red in my tool fund but this is a killer deal. Don't really "need" another table saw but this one is so much better than my existing one. I figure I can turn it for a quick profit if I decide not to keep it.

So, here is my $150 CL gloat...
    DSCF0004.jpg

And here is the blade that was in my new $150 saw...
    DSCF0007.jpg

here is my existing saw...
    DSCF0008.jpg

Spent about 4 hours cleaning up the new saw... was a mess. Runs terrific but I am afraid to run a board through it because I may not be able to let it go. So what should I do... sell it or keep it? The old saw should go back to dad (it is his after all) so selling that one is not really in the cards. I suppose I could just sell some other stuff that I no longer use (all my older RC stuff).

So???? Good gloat or what?!? Can I get a "you suck"!?!?

Jon

You do suck! I paid $250 for mine from CL and thought it was gloat worthy... nice fine...