Thread: Cabinet door edging router bits and euro hinge cups

Cabinet door edging router bits and euro hinge cups

I'm having trouble finding cabinet door edging bits for use with euro style hinge cups. Regular bits cut way too deep and interfere with my hinge cups.

The wife wants some type of ogee design, nothing will a roundover type of profile. I can't find many that look like will work. My hinge cups are 35mm diameter, 11mm deep, and drilled ~22mm from the door edge.

Thanks.

This probably won't help, but here 'tis anyway: I don't know if you'll find any router bits that meet your criteria, but I do know that Freud, and maybe others, make some shaper cutters designed for exactly your needs. Of course, if you don't have a shaper, this ain't gonna help much...

Just looking thru my Freud catalogue, there are a couple of router bits that might work for you - check out their part #'s 99-064 and 99-065. Good luck!

Most cutters and bits made for door edging profiles are not really designed for "Euro" hinges. You will find that this is a "typical" problem in that the profiles, more often than not, will cut into the cup hole. There are some that will work but you have to be very exact with the depths of both the hinge cup hole and the profile. The "best" ones to use are very "shallow" ogee shapes like these:

http://www.woodcraft.com/product.asp...&FamilyID=8137
    David DeCristoforo