Thread: Cardboard Supplier

Cardboard Supplier

Hi Everyone!

I came across the attached file and want to cut it out of cardboard.... I searched my local craft store last night, but found nothing that would work.. decided to search the internet today, but not sure what I'm looking for.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

Look at an art supply, they have all kinds of card stock in various colors and thicknesses. Also, many sign supplies sell posterboard.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

You can also look for chip board from U-Line
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

Thanks guys...

Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

Paper supply house

Look in your yellow pages for paper supply houses. This looks like something perfect for 80lb or thicker cardstock and you would actually get a better product than from chipboard.

Pete

I get cardboard for my templates from S&S, a craft outlet/catalog. It's white (coated, therefore slightly shiny) on one side and grey on the other - what I call "shirt cardboard". It was about $9 for 50 sheets 8" x 14". Both sides engrave nicely.

This was the first time I had to buy it, though. I had a huge stack of it I got for free from work when they replaced all the light bulbs and this was used as packing separators which they were going to throw away.

If you live near a shirt factory, they use it to pack men's shirts.

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Office supply stores carry a large supply of card stock. Large sheets are called poster board. If you want thicker then you can get what they call illustration board. Thicker and more expensive you can get mat board at craft stores.

If you want thicker you can get some corrugated cardboard sheets very cheap at ULine. I recycle priority mail boxes.

Chip Board Supplier

http://www.ckresale.com/

Neal
    Lasertech Alaska