Thread: Gloat!! Grizzly G1073 16" bandsaw

Gloat!! Grizzly G1073 16" bandsaw

I just brought this beast down the basement into my shop. I had to disassemble it to get it down. It will take a while to get it put back together again since I have to rewire it for 115V. Also, the one piece solid cast iron frame weighs over 300 pounds so I will have to get some help to reassemble it. The total weight is over 400 pounds.

This saw was purchased about 10 years ago and almost never used. It looks new except for a little rust on the table. The guy who owned it died five years ago and it hasn't been used since.

It came with a Shop Fox base so it won't be too hard to move once I get it assembled. It also has 8 different 113" blades, 4 of which are new and still in their original cartons. Two of the new blades are 1" wide WoodSaver Carbide Resaw Blades sold by Grizzly. Currently, Grizzly shows these blades in their catalog for $91.95.

Does anyone know if these blades are any good?

Oh! By the way, the total cost was $325.
    Tipp City, Ohio

Ralph, sounds like a pretty good gloat to me....but you know the rules about pictures ( no pics didnt happen )...dont know much about the blades but if their carbide I would bet their pretty good....congrats
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired