Thread: Festool Vacuum Adapter

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

Festool Vacuum Adapter

I finally got a weekend to spend in the shop! I’m not willing to give up my Fein TIII vac for a Festool vac so I decided to make an adapter that would fit my new ETS 150/3 ROS and my 1” hose that fits my TIII. Made from 6061 T-6 Alum bar stock.

I also made the slide in bottoms for my recently completed drawers. ¼” QSWO ply that a friend picked up for me in Salt Lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Wow!

Wow! Can't imagine what it takes to make something like that!

For those like me who don't have your metal working skills, the Fein step adapter cut to the 2nd step works, too:
    http://www.amazon.com/Fein-921072K13.../dp/B00005M1SW

The drawers look nice, too.

Bruce, that machinist background is hard to hide!! That is some sweet work. It would be dangerous to turn me loose on some of your shop equipment - no tellin' what would come out of it.

I bet that QSWO ply was cheap Not only that, but it is really hard to find - at least around here.

I bet those would sell for about the same as a Festool vac!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    I bet that QSWO ply was cheap Not only that, but it is really hard to find - at least around here.
    John, the ¼” ply was $75 but at least I didn’t have to pay for shipping! I used less than half the sheet for the bottoms. Maybe I could sell the other half…

All I could find in this cow town was red oak.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney