Thread: Need Help ASAP

Need Help ASAP

Alright, I know most of you don't really know me but I need a BIG favor. I'm not a dealer, or a retailer. We don't make awards here to resell or anything just yet. We're just starting to get off the ground with our Laser.

I have a project that has been tasked to me to make an award and I have a JDS catalog that came with my machine, or in the mail, somehow or another I got a catalog and a price list from them.

Well upon talking to them I've been turned away because they only deal with dealers and such. But they couldn't tell me who the closest one was. Their site is, for lack of a better term, crap! and dosn't give any information on how to get their products.

My bottom line: I'd like to get some of these things I'm trying to order instead of having to retool my design for this award. Its just under $20 worth of stuff without shipping. I'm in Chambersburg, PA. If there is someone who thinks they may be able to help me order some of these small items I would be eternally grateful.

Respond to this message or e-mail me at amanda.shughart at us dot army dot mil and I'll get you more information.

Thanks in advance.

Amanda
    Gerber Composer, Omega, & Edge
    Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
    --------------------------------
    Previously: Epilog Legend EXT 75W

Hi Amanda;
    Email me at gperzel@rochester.rr.com or call 585-924-4519 and I will help.
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

Are you a business? If so, they will give you an account. Just go up the food chain. There is no reason at all to deny selling you product. If not, try Johnson Plastics.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

No. We are an Army Depot. When the officer I am working with to get the material called they wanted a Tax ID number... We're the Army.. We don't have one..

George I will be in contact.

Scott: Thanks I will also check out Johnson's to see what options I may have there.

Thank you both

TAX NUMBER!!! Who needs that when you have heavy artillery!

Amanda... If George can't help you, let me know I will order what you need and drop ship it to you!

Thanks for your service!

Phil
    Phil
    Red Earth D'Signs

Corel 13, Photoshop CS2, Photograv
    Universal Laser v 460 55w
    Epson 4800 Sub-Lim
    Dyna CNC Plasma/Router Table
    Summa Plotters
    2 Crazy CBR pups that rule the shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Shughart View Post
    No. We are an Army Depot. When the officer I am working with to get the material called they wanted a Tax ID number... We're the Army.. We don't have one..

Scott: Thanks I will also check out Johnson's to see what options I may have there.

Thank you both
    Are you buying the plaques to resell? If so, they should have no problem selling to you. If not, they should not sell to you, you would be an end-user and should buy from a reseller.

Gary

Thank you both
    What is the world coming too, when our Military service cannot place an order with a company . Someone needs a butt kicking there.
    Epilog Legend EXT 60w-Corel X4
    Skype me .

There's a lot more good than evil,
    and there's a lot more joy than pain.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley
    of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil:
    for thou art with me;
    thy rod and thy staff
    they comfort me."

Red face

Hahah, Phil, Sadly I am merely a lowly civillian. But its an honor to be able to help our men and women from the home front and hopefully it will be my pleasure to soon provide awards for some of them and some of the civillians that do such an excellent job of getting them what they need. George has taken care of me and I'm VERY grateful for his help. I'll keep both your names written down just in case I need something like this again.

Gary: We are an end user and the whole buying things from a reseller would have been fine, if there were a way to find a reseller. The gentleman I spoke to from JDS said they did not have the capibility to just type in a zip code and see if there was around. In other words they couldn't give me a list of shops I -could- go do.

Maybe I can finagle a picture of this thing when its done. the DOD is pretty stingy on photography though.

Edit: Bah.. Note to self, Quick Reply does not go to the bottom of the post automatically..
    Last edited by Amanda Shughart; 06-16-2009 at 2:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Amanda,

For future reference, I have an account with them... not exactly local, but better than most.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Russell Smith View Post
    What is the world coming too, when our Military service cannot place an order with a company . Someone needs a butt kicking there.
    Better yet, what is the world coming to when a government entity, paid with our taxes, wants to bypass us, the taxpayers, denying us the possibility to earn the income to pay them their wages?

I am not anti-military, I support the troops in many ways including dogtagsforkids. What I am, is against anyone who wants to deny my ability to earn a living, especially when it's the government. If you are not a business then you shouldn't be buying wholesale from a manufacturer or distributor - period. This argument has been hashed out here before and I know there are two distinct sides represented on this forum so I won't argue about it here - just my opinion.

Gary: We are an end user and the whole buying things from a reseller would have been fine, if there were a way to find a reseller. The gentleman I spoke to from JDS said they did not have the capibility to just type in a zip code and see if there was around. In other words they couldn't give me a list of shops I -could- go do.
    Almost every engraving shop in the country has an account with JDS. It wouldn't have been very difficult to find one in the phone book.

Gary

Gary's right!

I completely agree with Gary. Completely.

Amanda,

Might be too late to help, I've been busy and haven't been in the creek for awhile...

What about your closest MWR office (or is that who you're with?). Everybase that has a laser running through their MWR shop has accounts with JDS. Not sure how they do it because they're without tax id as well, but you should be able to piggy back on thier account locally or get your own as an MWR account. Check with other bases - if you need a number, our local shop at Ft. Knox (Hansons) might be able to help you out.
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.