Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's" Fathers Day Edition

Smile "Weekend Doin's" Fathers Day Edition

Friday June 19, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Hello SUMMER! At least it feels like it the last couple of days. Mid 80's with the humidity to match. I walk outside and begin to sweat. And summer doesn't even start until Sunday.

I have been able to work on my dust collection system some this week. I finally got it run over to my RAS and CMS. Not hooked up yet though. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to get them hooked up.

The U.S. Open will have my attention for most of the weekend, if it stops raining in NY. Then there is the Sonoma race on Sunday. The remote is going to get a workout if both those are happening at the same time.

What are your plans for the weekend? All you dads going to get pampered on your day? I hope so and I hope you have a great weekend. Please be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I'm starting my weekend after lunch with a doctor appointment I've been looking forward to all week. I had nose surgery (deviated septum) last Wednesday. Even though it was minor I was pretty useless last weekend and most of this week due to the effects of the anesthesia, various drugs, etc. Finally starting to feel back to normal the last couple days and I get the splints out today which I suspect is going to make me feel a lot better (no more giant pieces of plastic extending into my sinuses--can't see how I won't...) So I'm planning to spend some time doing something in the shop, wearing a mask for anything that generates dust per doctor's orders, because I'm going stir-crazy. I'm thinking of getting started on our new headboard since our new bed was delivered yesterday and we already decided we don't like not having a headboard. I also need to spend a couple more hours working in Excel on calculations for my parents' kitchen so we can order materials early this week. Worked on that last weekend, but I'm thinking I need to recheck my calculations

Going to a Father's day party at my Dad's ALF. He's 98 and has a 90 year old girlfriend!! That should be fun!!!!

Yardwork....maybe a little shoptime. If the new bathtub and toilet arrive, I"ll be stripping tile from the wall surrounding the old bathtub.

Laundry etc. I'm batching it until late July.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Matt,
    This is off the topic but thought I would ask, what type of bed did you end up going with?
    David B

I'm getting all the yard work done on Saturday so I don't have to worry about it on Sunday. Father's Day will be a trip to the Planetarium with the 5 year old as a reward for some issues he's gotten past. Then my wife said she'd take the kids to the pool and I can have a date with the hammock all afternoon. I'll probably also finish the parquetry project and glue it to the substrate sometime this weekend.

I'm shooting a sporting clays match Saturday morning, then I'm going to paint the pergola for my son's wedding in the afternoon when it's really hot. Oh, joy!

Sunday morn will be teaching PowerKids (children's church), our Bible class, and worship, followed by a Father's Day dinner of pot roast (Yum!) and the traditional Sunday afternoon nap. Then probably more work on the pergola. I'll try to remember to post up a picture when it's done.

Stuck out of town on business. Not going to be very interesting. Hope to be able to get home on Thursday the 25th to start some long overdue vacation time and work around the house!

Going to my son's club for dinner with whole family there. Afterwards to my son's home for cake, presents etc. Maybe they'll get me a new hammer should be a fun day. Weather here has been terrible for past 3-4 days. Either rain, thunderstorms or high humidity. I agree karl. go outside and you start sweating. Happy father's day to all....
    Jerry

I get to work a half day tomorrow (8-12), then home for lunch and mowing. Sunday we will head to Dallas to visit with some friends, one is in from Tuscon. The one that lives in Dallas just moved into a new home that we haven't seen.
    Will watch a little B-ball on the tube. That will just about be it for the weekend this time around. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Sweat a lot, work on a 12 x 16' cabin on some hunting land. I need to start putting up sheetrock, so I plan on doing a lot of sweating and using a lot of rather colorful words from time to time.

http://yfrog.com/0zcgg36501j
    Last edited by Colin Giersberg; 06-19-2009 at 6:37 PM.
    Where's the beef.

Blog Entries
    Finishing up a pair of kitchen cabinet doors that I made for some neighbors of a co-worker who had their kitchen worked on and had a pair of cabs narrowed - thus the need for two doors. Also, I would like to get a trio of jewelry boxes started this week. Plans from one of my woodworking mags. Just got the hardware delivery from Rockler yesterday, so it's full speed ahead. The boxes will be for Christmas gifts. There are other christmas gift items in the batters box also. If the weather gods take a liking to me, they will let us get down to the dirt track stock car races Saturday night - though it isn't looking real promising right now. Sunday will find the gang over to watch the NASCAR event.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Looks like dawn patrol for the weekend, minus early a.m. tides, a head high North swell and warm whether. Just finished a big project so I don't feel like making sawdust. Fourteenth anniversary tomorrow, planning on a good dinner and a bottle of PlumpJack cab. Life is very good.

I'll be hoping all weekend that the rain will stop. Otherwise, it's a lot of equestrian time and some odds and ends around the house. The weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate for actually mowing the lawn (Elvis the horse and his friends may need to come down and help out with that) nor working on the landscaping projects I'm only partially through.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Got a local wood shop having a garage/shop sale Sunday. Going to that in the morning, go see the Bud Clydesdales in the afternoon, then watch my wife mow the lawn (doubtful on that).
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night