Thread: Unisaw Fence

Unisaw Fence

Can anyone help me. I have a delta unifence to install on Rockwell 34-440 table saw. The bolts in the unifence are larger than the holes in the table front. Does the unifence bolt right up tight to the table or is there space.What should I do to mount it

Quote Originally Posted by "Joseph Whispell" View Post
    Can anyone help me. I have a delta unifence to install on Rockwell 34-440 table saw. The bolts in the unifence are larger than the holes in the table front. Does the unifence bolt right up tight to the table or is there space.What should I do to mount it
    Joseph, IIRC I had to bore the holes bigger....the rails bolt tight up to the saw table
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Yes, I had to drill new holes.

Joseph -

I attached this fence to my Craftsman saw, and had to drill a whole new set of holes both front and back. Yes, it bolts right up next to the table top and wings. I was very careful so that zero on the scale would be with the fence right up against the right side of the saw blade. I used C-clamps to hold it in place for drilling. But it is pretty easy drilling through the cast iron. I did have to move the on-off switch on my saw, but that was no big deal. This fence really works well - big improvement over the "measure both ends" variety.

p.s. - if you Google " Delta T2 Fence Craftsman saw", you will find some pictures and instructions that should work on your saw.
    Last edited by Angie Orfanedes; 06-19-2009 at 7:15 PM.