Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's What Happens When Boxes are not Supervised

last night after i finished making the frame for my new work bench i played around with some scraps of Lyptus and this interesting box took shape. it needs some sanding and scraping and a coat of oil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    S.M.Titmas.

"...I had field experience, a vocabulary and a criminal mind, I was a danger to myself and others."

-Anthony Bourdain

Blog Entries
    That's pretty cool, Sean.....

Always fun to do something "unplanned"....

Very nice Sean.. I like the way you softned them with the gentle roll. Nice touch...

Back to fixing mistakes. I intentionally make them so I can fix them as I just love to fix mistakes.

Sarge..

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    Very nice Sean.. I like the way you softned them with the gentle roll. Nice touch...

Back to fixing mistakes. I intentionally make them so I can fix them as I just love to fix mistakes.

Sarge..
    thanks John, i was going for the cottage look with a thatched roof that might be seen in a fairy tale or lord of the rings.

everybody is capable of making a mistake but it takes real talent to turn a mistake into perfection.
    Last edited by sean m. titmas; 06-22-2009 at 5:15 PM.
    S.M.Titmas.

"...I had field experience, a vocabulary and a criminal mind, I was a danger to myself and others."

-Anthony Bourdain

I like the funky splines. It may not be ultimately all that visually appealing but at least it's creative / experimental, right? I would display them proudly.

Quote Originally Posted by sean m. titmas View Post
    thanks John, i was going for the cottage look with a thatched roof that might be seen in a fairy tale or lord of the rings.

everybody is capable of making a mistake but it takes real talent to turn a mistake into perfection.
    I love thatched roofs Sean. Beats sleeping in the rain and I have done that more than I care to do. ha.. ha...

Sarge..

I like the splines. 3 is a good number because it's odd. heh

Those boxes do look pretty neat and I don't know how you beveled the sides round like that to make those wooden mushroom boxes.

If I had to do that I'd maybe use a table saw with tilted blade for an angled recess and then sand it a bunch or something... I'm not quite sure what would be easiest though.